Lincoln, Neb. (PRWEB) January 04, 2013
Job seekers can effectively market their skills with a LinkedIn profile® to reduce the time spent capturing their dream job.
“Searching for a new position or transitioning to another industry is difficult at best and may prove impossible for some without the proper tools,” said Darlene Zambruski, ResumeEdge managing editor. “To get noticed in today’s competitive job market, the savvy candidate will opt to maximize their brand through the use of social media. LinkedIn is one of the best ways to do that.”
According to a July 2012 survey from Jobvite, 93% of recruiters search LinkedIn profiles® for qualified candidates. According to c|net, of the polled recruiters, 89% hired someone after finding them on LinkedIn, while a much smaller percentage sought out candidates on Facebook and Twitter.
The key to a successful LinkedIn profile® is that it must capture a recruiter’s or hiring manager’s interest. According to ResumeEdge, here are five easy steps to maximize your profile’s potential:
1. Keep your profile updated at all times. Be specific regarding your skills and accomplishments, especially in the opening summary. However, don’t use corporate jargon or overuse adjectives to describe yourself or your accomplishments. Your profile should be conversational and engaging, yet concise, and your professional experience should focus on results rather than tasks.
2. Connect with your network and expand it. The more people who know of you and what you can do, the greater your chances of learning about new job opportunities. Many times the most unlikely source can prove to be the most valuable.
3. Join LinkedIn Groups. The more groups you are a part of, the more connections you can make. Many times, great job openings aren’t advertised. LinkedIn is your opportunity to promote yourself to those hiring managers and recruiters who are seeking new staff.
4. Make certain to update your LinkedIn opening summary to reflect your job status. As long as you wouldn’t risk losing a current job, make it clear that you’re seeking employment or looking for a change in your career.
5. Get recommendations and endorsements. Praise from your peers adds credibility to what you claim in your profile.
The certified resume specialists at ResumeEdge help create effective LinkedIn profiles® and are instrumental in connecting hiring professionals and job seekers. Job seekers can connect with ResumeEdge through Facebook, Twitter (@ResumeEdge_1) and LinkedIn. To learn more about LinkedIn writing, resume writing, resume editing services and career resources, visit http://www.resumeedge.com.
ResumeEdge (http://www.resumeedge.com) is the leading provider of resume writing services online. The ResumeEdge website and resume writing blog provide industry-leading resources for job seekers. The company’s hand-picked team of resume writers specializes in 40 different industries to provide the highest quality resume writing and editing, cover letter and LinkedIn profile® services available. ResumeEdge has partnered with Yahoo! HotJobs, CareerJournal, and Dice.com.