Rum-making is a time-honored process, full of traditions. But how we share these traditions with people has to evolve to keep up with their changing habits.
Round Rock, Texas (PRWEB) January 07, 2013
In recent surveys, a majority of “Got Rum?” readers asked (some even politely demanded!) for new content more frequently than once- a-month. Others expressed how it is important for them to be able to share articles they like on Facebook. The publishers listened attentively to all requests and evaluated what was practical and justifiable given the overall corporate priorities.
Here is a list of the enhancements that have been implemented already:
1. A diversity of Banner Advertising Options reserved exclusively for the rum industry.
2. A Facebook-Friendly Interface to “Like” individual articles, reviews or stories, without leaving “Got Rum?”.
3. Ability to post comments and/or questions on an article-by-article bases.
4. RSS Feeds: readers will no longer need to wait for an entire month before getting the rum information they want. Visitors will be able to sign up for only the RSS feeds they want (Book Reviews and Rum Labs, for example) and will be notified immediately when new content is posted in those sections.
5. Improved Subscription Service. Readers can sign up for weekly updates. That’s right: four times a month they will get a digest of everything happening in the rum world. This is a perfect source of fresh rum news. All current “Got Rum?” subscribers will automatically be registered for the weekly update notification. New users can register from the main page.
6. New Rum Event Calendar. Website visitors can now find out what is scheduled to happen in the industry month-by-month. They can learn about rum events taking place worldwide, they can even submit their own events.
7. Enhanced Site Search. Visitors will be able to search for articles by subject, keywords and even by author.
8. Picture Galleries and Much More!
And here are a few additional enhancements currently being evaluated:
1. Ability to share articles through LinkedIn.
2. Classified Ads system for posting rum jobs, production equipment and related services.
3. Multi-language interface and content.
4. Advertising options for mobile devices.
“Every few years we have to re-invent the manner in which we share information with our readers” says Luis Ayala, Editor and Publisher of “Got Rum?” Magazine. He adds “rum-making is a time-honored process, full of traditions. But how we share these traditions with people has to evolve to keep up with their changing habits.”
The website features the following regular Columns and special Features:
- From the Editor: Observations and commentary about the state of the rum industry, recent rum-related events and more. by Luis Ayala.
- The Angel’s Share: Named after the rum evaporation loss in the aging warehouses, this column is dedicated to the organoleptic assessment of commercially-available rums and their cocktails.
- Bartender’s Corner: Dr. Ron A. Ñejo is a seasoned bartender, completely devoted to exploring the many facets of rum. It has been said that he has rum running through his veins. He is used to serving up fine spirits and offering words of wisdom to all those lucky enough to find an open seat at his bar. In this section of “Got Rum?” Dr. Ron addresses topics ranging from mixology to relationships and etiquette.
- The Rum Library: Join the publishers as they review rum books published around the world, as well as, conduct interviews with authors to get a behind-the-scenes look at what inspired them to write their masterpieces.
- The Rum Lab: For those readers wondering how to make a Spiced Rum or Bay Rum aftershave or even a Mamajuana, he Rum Lab offers technical know-how and the secret recipes behind many perennial favorites.
- Exclusive Interview: Reading about rums, books and events is not enough to fully understand the politics, techniques and motivations fueling today’s rum industry. Join the publishers as they interview the people behind the curtain and unfold their stories and their passion for rum. They have interviewed Distillery CEOs, Master Distillers and Blenders, Festival Organizers, Rum Marketers, Trade Association Directors, Policy Makers and many other figures of the industry.
- Rum in History: Learn what historical events took place each month, helping shape the rum industry. From the propagation of sugarcane in the new world to innovations in distillation, the publishers take readers on a journey of discovery and enlightenment.
- The Rum University: The Rum University is constantly offering new courses and lessons through its official website (RumUniversity.com). Due to the relationship with the institution, some material is produced exclusively for “Got Rum?” or is available to our readers before being published by the University.
- Tobacco and Rum: Ready to relax and enjoy some of the best pleasures life offers? “Got Rum?” Cigar Sommelier Philip Ili Barake guides readers through the amazing world of Cigar and Rum pairings, from simple combinations to entire dining experiences!
“Got Rum?” is a registered trademark by Rum Runner Press, Inc., its unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.
For additional information about “Got Rum?” Magazine or Rum Runner Press, Inc., please visit: