Protect Your Bubble Shares Consumer Tips to Keep Private Information Safe on an iPad this Winter
Tablet insurance brand helps consumers start 2013 with fresh new iPad protection tips
Atlanta (PRWEB) January 05, 2013
Many people put more information than they should on iPads, like personal, private information that an identity thief could easily help themselves to and quickly destroy a person’s credit. Fortunately, there are ways to protect an identity if an iPad is stolen or lost and Protect Your Bubble has a list of tips to help.
Turn On Passcode Lock – The iPad is a computer, and a computer has password protection services. Enable the passcode feature on it and stop thinking of an iPad as a glorified e-book; it is not.
- Turn Simple Passcode to Off – A 4-digit passcode can be broken given enough time and a determined thief. A full alphanumeric code, on the other hand, is virtually impossible. Spend five seconds unlocking the iPad or five months clearing a name and credit.
- Require Passcode Immediately – So what if when left alone for more than a minute there is a need to enter a code again? It is far better than explaining to credit card companies and the police details of a stolen iPad.
- Set Auto Lock to 2 Minutes – A thief does not need much time to modify settings while walking out the door with bank and credit card information. Consider this strongly.
- Turn Erase Data after 10 Tries to On – The most sophisticated software cannot crack a passcode in under 10 tries but be sure to help the kids with the code.
Use a Password Manager – Passwords work, but they work when used correctly. Various apps, such as 1Password and AllClear ID are effective tools for maintaining difficult to remember passwords.
- Avoid Untrustworthy Apps – Jail-break is fun, but the fun can be very ephemeral. Don’t trust apps outside of trusted websites or the iTunes store.
Protect Your Bubble offers iPad insurance which covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. For a quick quote, visit ProtectYourBubble.com today!
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit us.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA
press (at) protectyourbubble (dot) com