Through targeting, transparency and clearly successful results, we're helping advertisers realize that money moved to mobile is -- and will be -- extremely well spent.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 09, 2013
Mobile Theory, the US-based ad network of Opera Software, reports consistently strong quarterly revenue growth throughout 2012, finishing Q4 with more than 200% growth from the same quarter in 2011. The company announces that it has successfully met its projections for the year.
The year of spitfire growth has been marked by key additions to the network's exclusive publisher list in high-value categories such as Business & Finance, Travel, Affluents and Health, thus providing advertisers in each of these areas unique access and unduplicated reach to highly targeted, niche audiences.
One of the biggest drivers of revenue growth is the unabashed dive into more integrated rich media and video campaigns. Currently, 1 in 5 of the campaigns running on the Opera mobile advertising platform are rich media, a number that is only poised to increase as advertisers recognize the ROI of these high impact mobile ad units that invite users to interact and engage with their content. Industry-wide, rich media ad spend is projected to rise 78% to $883 million in 2013.
Key Growth Figures & Milestones
- Revenue Curve: Throughout the year, quarterly revenue growth was consistently in the triple digit percentages, hitting a high of 408% quarter over quarter in Q3.
- New Advertisers: In just 5 months Mobile Theory's client roster has grown to 200, up from 120 in May 2012. In addition to longtime partners Walmart, Microsoft, eBay, AT&T, Capital One and Chase Bank the ad network is now running high impact campaigns for Nordstrom, Home Depot, Symantec, GlaxoSmithKline, Mazda, Kia and Disney.
- 4X Employees: Mobile Theory announced earlier this year that it intended to double headcount by the end of 2012 but has already quadrupled its staff. Notable new hires include:
* Sarah Rose, VP Operations, formerly of Clearspring, Tumri, IDG, PCWorld, and Time Inc.
* Meredith Howarth, Director of Sales, Southwest, previously at Microsoft and currently the President of the Dallas Fort Worth Interactive Marketing Association
* Don Rokowski, Director of Sales (Detroit), formerly from Undertone, Yahoo, Hachette Filipacchi Media and Crain Communications
* Alison Starr, Director of Sales (LA), from Conde Nast and Mediabrix
* Evan Young, Director of Business Development, formerly of SAY Media
* Benjamin Bring, Sr. Director of Performance Sales, coming from InMobi
- Expanded Publisher Network: Mobile Theory has quadrupled the size of its network, from 1B monthly impressions at the beginning of the year to 4B projected by the end of December. Led by Erica Chriss, which Business Insider named one of the Most Powerful Women in Mobile Advertising in July, the company has added 300 new direct publisher relationships and nearly 1000 new sites, including exclusive publisher agreements with the NASDAQ, BoxOffice.com and the InvestingChannel.
A Larger Platform: Mobile Theory clients now enjoy access to
- 50+ billion monthly impressions, 10000+ sites and apps
- Total audience reach of 350+ million mobile consumers globally
- 8 out of 10 smartphone users in the U.S.
- A collection of publishers that are on track to receive $400 million in mobile ad revenue in 2012
"At the end of last year, we set extremely aggressive growth goals for 2012 -- mainly because we knew the mobile ad market was about to explode," remarked Scott Swanson, Mobile Theory's CEO. "But what has been really amazing is how being part of the Opera platform has allowed us to scale above and beyond what the natural momentum would have brought, and really let us accelerate the pace of our growth. Through targeting, transparency and clearly successful results, we're helping advertisers realize that money moved to mobile is -- and will be -- extremely well spent."
About Mobile Theory
Mobile Theory is the first mobile ad network built just for brand advertisers. A subsidiary of Opera Software, Mobile Theory’s network of premium-quality mobile sites and apps provides exclusive, unduplicated reach to 90 million mobile Internet users, accessing 8 out of 10 US smartphone users via 1.2 billion impressions per month. Through rich media and stunning mobile ad executions, Mobile Theory enables the world's top brands and agencies to deliver advertising campaigns that engage and immerse the mobile consumer.