The results at Glen Ivy speak for themselves, and our shared commitment to continual improvement with SpaQuality is why I look forward to continue working with Julie and Linda in the years to come.
Greenville, Del. (PRWEB) January 09, 2013
Glen Ivy Hot Springs in Corona, California and Glen Ivy Day Spa in Brea, California have both achieved SpaExcellence certification. This certification is the culmination of over a year of organizing, documenting and implementing Glen Ivy's quality system in accordance with The International Standards of SpaExcellence(SM)2010 under the guidance of SpaQuality LLC consultants. The Standards provide a framework for everything that a spa does including planning, day-to-day operations, behind-the-scenes processes, leadership, teamwork, training, system evaluation, continual improvement and more.
Data shows positive results from the new quality system. According to Glen Ivy's CFO, Cristen Stier, "Guest feedback survey results have increased from November 2011 to November 2012 for our 3 Key Measures of:
- "Overall Satisfaction by 15% (Combined) 11% (1st time) and 41% (Return Guests)
- "Refer a friend has increased 2% (Combined) 1% (1st time) and 3% (Return Guests)
- "Intent to return has increased 20% (Combined)
"Upon an initial review, as not all of the responses are in, our employee feedback survey has netted a higher overall score by 15% between July and December."
Jim Root, CEO & President of Glen Ivy, added “I have appreciated the work of SpaQuality for over 8 years and always felt Julie and Linda offered the Spa Industry an opportunity to really challenge assumptions and perspectives in the pursuit of operational consistency and service excellence. The results at Glen Ivy speak for themselves, and our shared commitment to continual improvement with SpaQuality is why I look forward to continue working with Julie and Linda in the years to come.”
An independent SpaQuality Certified Assessor conducted the scheduled, "open-book" assessment of Glen Ivy's quality system for compliance to The International Standards of SpaExcellence(SM)2010. The assessor sampled procedures, records and system integration and interviewed team members at both locations. The spa's processes were assessed in several categories - Intention and Strategy, Leadership, Guest Experience, Operations Support and Improvement - as well as how well they worked together as a quality system. Glen Ivy met all the requirements of The Standards for Level 3 SpaExcellenceSM certification. Glen Ivy received a detailed feedback report from SpaQuality LLC highlighting things the spa does well and opportunities for improvement based on an analysis of the assessment. The spas can expect an unscheduled Anonymous Guest Assessment to evaluate the spas from a Guest's perspective before the next annual assessment.
Independent SpaQuality Certified Assessor, Lesley Dandoy, observed, "While there are a few opportunities for improvement, I found many strengths at Glen Ivy. Here are a few:
- "It is a place where the guest feels like they are #1.
- "Employees are engaged, friendly and happy.
- "Management has communicated Glen Ivy's vision and mission effectively, has a number of ways to engage employees and actively seeks guest feedback.
- "Glen Ivy has deployed an innovative documentation process using SpaQuality's Documentation Sets© that has engaged employees while standardizing processes across the organization.
- "Glen Ivy has created an impressive state-of-the-art sanitation program.
"Glen Ivy has clearly demonstrated its commitment to excellence."
"SpaQuality consultants introduced quality concepts to Glen Ivy and provided a roadmap to follow. However, the Glen Ivy team did all the hard work to make their new quality system a reality and improve their business - an impressive accomplishment in the light of the size and complexity of the Glen Ivy organization," noted Julie Register, co-owner and Managing Director of Operations for SpaQuality LLC.
About Glen Ivy Hot Springs
Historic Glen Ivy Hot Springs is an oasis nestled at the base of the eastern slopes of the Santa Ana Mountain Range in Corona, California. For generations this has been a place to gather and enjoy nature's gifts of healing waters, the benefits of exercise, good food, relaxation and a deeper sense of wellbeing that a day at the Hot Springs can bring. The beautiful, lush grounds of Glen Ivy include botanical gardens with fountains, water features and a labyrinth, 15 pools and whirlpools to take the waters (including the historic mineral baths), quiet places and gathering areas where guests can socialize.
Other facilities include:
- Club Mud - Southern California’s only red clay mineral bath
- The Grotto - Underground caverns where Glen Ivy’s signature full-body moisturizing treatment is provided
- Men's and Women's Bathhouses with separate locker rooms, showers, steam rooms and Roman Baths.
- Three spa buildings where Glen Ivy provides professional massage and body treatments, skin care and nail care.
- Under the Oaks - a unique, outdoor treatment area offering open-air rooms under a canopy of ancient Live Oak trees surrounded by the sound of falling water.
- Cabañas, Club Solé and Paradise Falls - Secluded rooftop areas perfect for group celebrations (reservations required)
- Restaurants - Café Solé serving breakfast and lunch, Sunflower Sushi and the Paradise Bar
- Boutiques - the Spa Lifestyle Store and a number of other shops throughout the property
Glen Ivy also offers classes, activities and workshops designed to promote greater health and wellness.
For more information about Glen Ivy Hot Springs in Corona, please visit: http://www.glenivy.com/springs/.
About Glen Ivy Day Spa, Brea
Glen Ivy Day Spa is located in the Brea Mall in Orange County, California. The spa offers professional massage and body treatments, facials, nail care, waxing and mineral make up application.
The facilities at Glen Ivy Day Spa, Brea include separate men's and women's locker rooms with whirlpools, steam rooms and showers; lounge rooms to relax before and after treatments; a solarium with fountain and fireplace; and a large boutique.
For more information about Glen Ivy Day Spa, Brea, please visit: http://www.glenivy.com/brea/.
About SpaQuality LLC
SpaQuality LLC is an independent organization specializing in evaluating quality systems in the spa industry. In an effort to bring quality management principles and practices to this industry, SpaQuality created and maintains The International Standards of SpaExcellence(SM), spa industry specific quality system standards; provides quality system education and consulting to spa leadership teams; assesses spas' quality systems; and certifies those spas that follow The International Standards of SpaExcellence(SM).
Other Spas that have recently been SpaExcellence Certified in 2012 include: The Spa Ritual in Calgary, Alberta, Canada; MAJESTICSPA Essential Moments, the spa at the Hotel Majestic in Barcelona, Spain; and Santé Spa Victoria at the Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort and Spa in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Julie Register and Linda Bankoski created SpaQuality LLC in 2003 and released the first edition of The International Standards of SpaExcellenceSM in 2004. It is currently in its fifth edition.
For more information about SpaExcellence consulting and certification and The International Standards of SpaExcellence(SM), please contact:
Managing Director, Operations, SpaQuality LLC.