We now believe a simple blood test focused on cobalt, and chromium is the best way to determine if a all metal hip implant has failed
(PRWEB) January 17, 2013
The US Drug Watchdog now considers the US metal on metal hip implant mess the largest medical device failure in US history, because according to the New York Times there are 500,000 US recipients. The group now also believes it is vital all metal on metal hip implant recipients get a simple blood test that is focused on cobalt, and chromium levels. If a blood test reveals elevated levels of cobalt, or chromium the US Drug Watchdog now considers a metal on metal hip implant recipient a victim of a failure, and they are offering to help any all metal hip implant recipients, with elevated cobalt, or chromium levels get to national caliber law firms that have a very good understanding of the specific all metal hip implant devices. The US Drug Watchdog is now saying, "For two years we have been hoping the US FDA would show up to this all metal hip implant mess, and unfortunately they are a no show for up to 500,000 US recipients. We now believe a simple blood test focused on cobalt, and chromium is the best way to determine if a all metal hip implant has failed, and we are urging all US metal on metal hip implant recipients to get a blood test." For more information recipients of a metal on metal hip implant are encouraged to contact the US Drug Watchdog anytime at 866-714-6466. http://USDrugWatchdog.com
The US Drug Watchdog says, "Litigation involving metal on metal hip implants prematurely failing include the following manufacturers:"
- DePuy Pinnacle Case Number U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas MDL#2244
- DePuy ASR Case Number Ohio Southern Federal District Court Case Number MDL No. 2197AAJ
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Implant Stem Failure Teleseminar: Metallosis with No Metal on Metal Articulation will address the issues surrounding the latest hip replacement systems recall. On July 6, 2012 Stryker issued a voluntary recall of its Rejuvenate and ABG II modular-neck stems in the United States
- Biomet M2a Magnum Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacement U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. (Case No. 3:12-cv-3476) filed on July 2nd 2012
- Zimmer Durom Cup Product Liability mass tort litigation, MDL NO. 2158 (SDW), which is pending in the federal District Court in New Jersey (time frame 2006-July 2008)
- Wright Medical Technology, Inc., Conserve Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation ("MDL No. 2329"). This is now pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
The US Drug Watchdog says, "One of the biggest problems we have with respect to our failed medical device or recalled drug initiative work is the average US consumer never hears about a drug recall or failures involving medical devices like metal-on-metal hip implants. If you have a friend, or loved one who is a recipient of a metal-on metal hip implant that has already failed or is showing symptoms of a failure, or are concerned about a premature failure please call us anytime at 866-714-6466. We want to make certain these metal-on-metal hip implant victims get to the best possible attorneys, to insure they get the best possible compensation for their ordeal." http://USDrugWatchdog.com