Alexandria, VA (PRWEB) January 09, 2013
The Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) announced today the election results for new members of the organization’s Board of Directors, who will take office on July 1, 2013 and July 1, 2014. The new Board members were elected by members of the Association during its annual election from November 30, 2012 through December 31, 2012.
The results of the election include the following:
- President Elect is Sarah Heath from Denver, CO. She is the District CTE Coordinator at Jefferson County Public Schools. Sarah will join the Board in her new position in July 2013.
- Engineering and Technology Education Division Vice President-Elect is Paul Asunda from Carbondale, IL. Paul is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Workforce Education and Development at Southern Illinois University. Paul will join the Board in July 2014.
- Family and Consumer Sciences Vice President is Charlotte Gray from Foristell, MO. Charlotte is a Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher at Wentzville Holt High School. Charlotte will join the Board in July 2013.
- New and Related Services Vice President is Sherry Adrian from Edmond, OK. Sherry is the Manager of Instructional Design at Francis Tuttle Technology Center. Sherry will join the Board in July 2013.
- Region II Vice President is Juli Gilyard from Atlanta, GA. She is the High School Initiatives Coordinator at Atlanta Technical College. Juli will join the Board in July 2013.
- Region IV Vice President –Elect is Sherry Siler from Alma, AR. Sherry is a Marketing Education Teacher/DECA Advisor at Alma High School. Sherry will join the Board in July 2014.
- Trade and Industrial Education Vice President-Elect is Alex Gromada from Belleville, IL. Alex is a Coordinator at the Southern Illinois Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship Program. Alex will join the Board in July 2014.
Also joining the above individuals on the Board in July 2013 are the following: Doug Major, President; Katrina Plese, Region III vice president; and Gary Hutchinson, Business Education Division vice president. As Region III vice president, Plese will represent the following states: IA, IL, IN, MN, MS, and WI.
The elected members of each Region and Division will serve a three-year term. For more information on the winners, including biographies and photos, please contact Lauren Lessels at llessels(at)acteonline(dot)org. For more information about ACTE’s Board of Directors, please go to http://www.acteonline.org.
The Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) is the nation’s largest not-for-profit education association dedicated to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for successful careers. Founded in 1926, ACTE has more than 25,000 members; career and technical educators, administrators, researchers, guidance counselors and others involved in planning and conducting career and technical education programs at the secondary, postsecondary and adult levels. ACTE provides advocacy, public awareness and access to information on career and technical education, professional development and tools that enable members to be successful and effective leaders.
# # #