We are honored to receive these awards, earned by authors who have trusted us to help shape, promote, and distribute their important work.
New York, NY (PRWEB) January 16, 2013
Springer Publishing Company is once again honored to receive several American Journal of Nursing (AJN) Book of the Year awards. This year, the publisher enjoyed six AJN awards. The awards program is presented by the oldest and one of the most honored broad-based nursing journals in the world, and is regarded by nurses and authors as the most important designation of excellence in book publishing.
The American Journal of Nursing selected these Springer Publishing Company among the 2012 Book of the Year award winners:
- Nurses’ Clinical Consult to Psychopharmacology, edited by Jacqueline Rhoads and Patrick J. M. Murphy. First place in the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing category.
- Intervention Research: Designing, Conducting, Analyzing, and Funding, edited by Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk and Dianne Morrison-Beedy. First place in the Nursing Research category.
- Inpatient Psychiatric Nursing: Clinical Strategies and Practical Interventions, by Linda Damon, Joanne M. Matthew, Judy L. Sheehan, and Lisa A. Uebelacker. Second place in the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing category.
- Comprehensive Systematic Review for Advanced Nursing Practice, by
Cheryl Holly, Susan W. Salmond, and Marie K. Saimbert. Second place in the Advanced Practice Nursing category.
- Obstetric Triage and Emergency Care Protocols, edited by Diane J. Angelini and Donna LaFontaine. Second place in the Maternal and Child Health category.
- A Nurse’s Guide to Women’s Mental Health, by Michele R. Davidson. Third place in the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing category.
Margaret Zuccarini, Nursing Publisher at Springer Publishing Company, commented: “Over the past few years, the Nursing program at Springer Publishing Company has focused on meeting the increasingly complex text and clinical reference needs of nursing graduate courses and advanced practice nurses. We are proud to be publishing for these health care professionals, and thrilled and honored to receive these awards, earned by authors who have trusted us to help shape, promote, and distribute their important work.”
For more information on these winning titles, view Springer Publishing Company’s webpage. To arrange for an author interview, please contact Dara Salem at dsalem[at]springerpub[dot]com or 212-804-6236.
About Springer Publishing Company
A pioneer in health care and social science publishing, Springer Publishing Company is known as an innovative nursing, public health, psychology, rehabilitation, social work, counseling, and gerontology publisher. The company has won numerous awards, including the American Library Association (ALA) Choice Awards, the Association of American Publishers (AAP) PROSE Awards, and the American Journal of Nursing (AJN) Book of the Year Awards, and publishes about 100 titles annually, all available as eBooks, in addition to 21 journals. From nursing to psychology, Springer Publishing Company is passionate about providing the best professional books, textbooks, guides, and reference works to professionals, instructors, and students. For more information, visit http://www.springerpub.com.