Medford, Oregon (PRWEB) January 11, 2013
Bringing new technology to market is difficult to say the least and that's why Sustainable Valley Technology Group has established the iGrant to help individuals with brilliant ideas see those ideas through to completion by providing funding, business support, equipment, facilities and expert consultation.
What is the iGrant?
Designed to help researchers with brilliant ideas see those ideas through to a finished product, the 2013 Sustainable Valley iGrant is a technology innovation grant to help researchers, entrepreneurs and engineers bring new technology or technology-based businesses to life. iGrant applications are open to researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs in the process of building technology start-up companies or designing new technology associated with the biomedical, MEMS and Nano Technology fields.
New technology must be geared towards commercialization and teams must have at least 2 members.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE IGRANT?
This technology grant will provide more than just monetary support, it will provide:
1. Expert Business Support and Development Services, iGrant recipients will be provided with professional technical and business support including engineering, business development, device design support and consultation.
2. Professional Business Mentoring. iGrant recipients will also receive expert mentoring and guidance in legal, financial and investment areas.
3. Full Access to Professional Business and Cutting Edge Lab Environments. iGrant recipients will have access to office and conference space as well as access to cutting edge fabrication equipment, metrology equipment, state-of-the-art clean room, and manufacturing materials, as well as chemicals and other common gases at the Rogue Valley Microdevices lab facility.
4. Additional Technology and Start-up Benefits. iGrant recipients will have access to seminars, workshops and other business growth and development events. Part of the $175K iGrant is a $25K cash award to help the recipient’s implementation costs. iGrant recipients will also have access to student interns and helpful business school teams.
To Apply for the iGrant Please Visit: http://www.svtg.org/igrant-technology-grant/
WHO SHOULD APPLY FOR THE THE IGRANT?
1. Technology-based Start-ups
2. Researchers with a team of at least two individuals
3. Entrepreneurs with a team of at least two individuals
4. Compelling technology teams
5. University spin outs
Teams should be developing technology related to the fields of:
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE?
The Deadline to Apply for the iGrant Technology Grant is April 20th, 2013
✔ You have your team
✔ You have your idea
✔ You’re ready to jump start your project?
We understand you may need some time to get your information in order. By registering we can reserve your entry while you work on the details of the application. We will provide a downloadable application with complete entry information upon registration.
Five finalists will be chosen and the winning recipient will be announced on April 30th, 2013.
To Register for the iGrant Please Visit: http://www.svtg.org/igrant-technology-grant/
For Questions Regarding the iGrant or Applying for the iGrant Please Contact:
Sustainable Valley Technology Group
Rogue Valley Microdevices, Inc.