San Jose, CA (PRWEB) January 22, 2013
The Applied Voice Input Output Society (AVIOS) announces a new blog devoted to the future of applications using speech technologies. Each week a new article will be written and posted by a speech technology expert. The public is invited to submit questions, comments, observations, and additional predictions on each weekly topic. The blog can be viewed by setting your browser to http://www.avios.org.
What will the world of speech technology be in the next five years? Weekly articles will include:
- Accessing in-depth information by voice: City Companion by Deborah Dahl
- Multimodal user interfaces by Matt Yuschik, CitiBank CTO R&D
- Speech-enabled owner’s manual for the car by Tom Schalk
- Language learning by Bill Scholz, President, AVIOS
- “Do-it-yourself” apps by James A. Larson, Co-Program Chair, SpeechTEK
- Stress detection using speech analysis by Nava A. Shaked, CEO, BBT Ltd.
- Speech analytical tools by Loren Wilde, CTO, Wilder Communications, Inc.
- The dream of a personal assistant by Roberto Pieraccini, Director and CEO, The International Computer Science Institute (ICSI)
- The future of spoken language interaction with computers by Alexander Rudnicky, Carnegie Mellon University
- Making speech-based interaction truly natural by Sara H. Basson, Worldwide Program Director - Services Innovation Lab IBM - TJ Watson Research Center
Visit the blog each week to read about and participate in discussions about future applications of speech technology.
The Applied Voice Input Output Society (AVIOS) is a not-for-profit private foundation founded in 1981. AVIOS provides a forum for promoting practical applications of advanced speech technology, such as speech recognition, text-to-speech synthesis, and speaker authentication, along with supporting technologies such as natural language interpretation and knowledge representation. AVIOS organizes the Mobile Voice Conference annually in collaboration with TMA Associates, continuing a long tradition of AVIOS conferences. The Mobile Voice Conference will be held April 15-16, 2013 in San Francisco, California. AVIOS local chapters are active in areas that range from New York to Boston to Israel, providing informative talks and valuable networking.