Get gas appliances checked regularly
(PRWEB UK) 21 January 2013
It has been reported that Khalid Khan, a private landlord, was contacted several times between November 2009 and April 2011 to produce his gas safety certificate for the home, which housed a mother and her two children. It was also revealed that the family were left without heating and hot water for a number of months. A representative from We Fix Now shares their thoughts on the matter.
“Naturally we found this story disturbing. In order for homeowners to protect themselves from experiencing problems with their gas appliances we have compiled some advice to follow.”
- Always contact a reputable provider when seeking gas or boiler repairs. It may be useful for consumers to know that they can check that the business in hand is registered, by texting Gas and the business registration number to 85080. Through this government scheme they will then receive a text back confirming whether the registration number is registered.
- Get gas appliances checked regularly. Faulty appliances regularly leave families at risk of gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. It is important to get appliances such as boilers, fires and cookers safety checked by a registered engineer at least once a year for peace of mind.
- In the event of an emergency do not hesitate to contact the national Gas Emergency Service directly as well.
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbers in London and surrounding counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.