Our advice for anyone worried about a faulty boiler would be to leave the work to the professionals.
(PRWEB UK) 24 January 2013
It has been reported that self-employed worker, Colin Woodcock, 39, was called to a property in Birmingham city centre to repair the faulty heating system when he came into contact with a live wire. According to the story, Woodcock unfortunately died suffering an electric shock after banging his head whilst kneeling in front of the gas boiler. It is believed that the electricity flowed through his hands, through his body, chest and to his head.
Providing a number of gas registered engineers around the capital, this story naturally caught the attention of the team at We Fix Now, who were prompted to release a safety warning over the dangers of boilers and other electrical appliances. A representative shares their thoughts on the matter.
“Although Colin Woodcock appears to have been an experienced and careful engineer, sadly this sort of incident, though rare, does occasionally happen, and emphasises the caution that should be taken when dealing with any household appliance.
"Our advice for anyone worried about a faulty boiler would be to leave the work to the professionals. Contact a gas safe registered engineer that can deal with any make or model of boiler, such as ourselves. We would also recommend arranging a service at least once a year.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbing in London and surrounding counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.