We want to make sure that all kids have positive oral healthcare experiences, and that they put the necessary emphasis on keeping their smiles healthy and happy.
Austin, Texas (PRWEB) January 15, 2013
February is National Children’s Dental Health Month, and the Round Rock and Austin dentists at Family Tree Dental Group want to help raise awareness about the importance of oral health.
“Developing good habits at an early age and scheduling regular dental visits help children get a good start on a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums,” said Dr. Chad Denman, Austin dentist/ Round Rock dentist and owner of Family Tree Dental Group. “We want to make sure that all kids have positive oral healthcare experiences, and that they put the necessary emphasis on keeping their smiles healthy and happy.”
As many parents can attest, it isn’t always easy to get kids interested in taking proper care of their teeth. Here are a few suggestions from Family Tree Dental Group on how to get little ones excited about brushing their teeth:
1. Chart progress – Moms and Dads can make their own fun chart, find one online, or use a children’s calendar. They can allow their child to use stickers or make a mark for each time they brush their teeth. Consider rewarding them after a month of successful brushings.
2. Family affair – Parents should try brushing their teeth at the same time as their children. Kids love to imitate Mom and Dad, and this is a great habit for them to replicate.
3. Picture perfect – Most children love smiling for the camera. Put emphasis on the importance of regular dental care for the best smile possible. Take a photo at the end of each week and be sure to compliment their pearly whites.
4. Music – Play your child’s favorite song or sing your own tune to get them pumped about teeth brushing time.
5. Brushing games – Parents can play any number of games to get their kids ready to brush their teeth. “Simon Says” is a great example.
6. Coloring/activity pages – The internet has lots of great resources for coloring and activity pages related to dental healthcare. The American Dental Association (http://www.ada.org) has a wide variety.
7. Children’s books – Dora, Elmo, The Berenstain Bears and many other children’s favorites star in inexpensive books related to visiting the dentist and brushing teeth.
8. Fun toothbrushes – Kids today have lots of great toothbrush options. Purchase one with their favorite character or one they can decorate themselves. Lots of children enjoy spin toothbrushes too.
Family Tree Dental Group was founded in 2011 by Austin dentists- Round Rock dentists and identical twin brothers Drs. Chad and Shelby Denman to provide high quality dental care in a state-of-the-art environment with careful attention to detail and deep personal respect. Family Tree Dental Group helps maintain the oral health of patients of all ages and cares for all dental needs under one roof. For more information, call (512) 458-5999 in Austin, (512) 310-3999 in Round Rock, or visit http://familytreedentalgroup.com/