In the world of Government Contracts compliance is critical
Denver, Colorado (PRWEB) January 22, 2013
RAS & Associates, a noted Denver-based management consulting firm recently worked with a leading Aerospace client to become one of the first in their industry to achieve business system compliance under the new Defense Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) rules on business systems. “In the world of Government Contracts compliance is critical,” stated Rob Swanson, CEO of RAS & Associates, “If you are not compliant, you are subject to billing withholds, and other penalties. We work with our clients to ensure that compliance with Government Regulations is as complete and painless as possible.”
RAS & Associates is a strategy and management consulting firm that has deep experience within Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Telecom/High Tech and Healthcare industries. Companies within those industries are all faced with the challenges of Government Compliance. Mr. Swanson has spoken at seminars around the country and offered webinars on getting people and businesses whose expertise lies elsewhere on board with being in-line with government regulation.
RAS & Associates assisted their client, a multi-billion dollar Aerospace & Defense company, to be one of the first Government defense contractors to receive Accounting System approval under the new DFARs Business Systems Rules. How did RAS & Associates approach the challenge of bringing sense to all the red tape?
- As advisor to their client to develop understanding of the new DFARS Business Systems Rules, Business System Standards & Criterion and current DCAA interpretations and perspectives
- As a key member on an Audit Advisory Council; a team of industry experts, consultants and former DCAA auditors, formed to develop and sustain internal audit related capabilities of their client.
- As an objective party to lead in retiring systems in the client’s Material Management Accounting System (MMAS) that were deficient.
- Challenged their client with the reality of their current situation and developed meaningful relationships to work toward improvement.
- Assisted client in developing internal resources and implementing creative solutions to focus on improving overall operational effectiveness
Working together, RAS and their client enabled this multi-billion dollar Aerospace & Defense contractor to not only be one of the first in their industry to achieve compliance under the new DFARs Business Systems Rules, but to develop a system of internal audit and monitoring that will allow them to maintain and sustain their achievement into the future.
RAS and their client developed proactive communication approaches to:
- build effective working relationships with the USG/DCAA/DCMA
- prepare for Business Systems Audits by conducting audit readiness assessments to close on high-risk area of non-compliance
- respond to Business System Audit Reports and have a process in place to implement sustainable solutions.
RAS offers a webcast “Understanding the Five Critical Steps to an Integrated Compliance Approach for Government Contractors” as an introduction to The Integrated Compliance Approach (ICA) to help contractors establish and affirm the practices that drive sustained compliance. Visit them at http://rasandassociates.com/
About RAS & Associates
RAS & Associates is a management consulting firm based in Denver, CO. The team at RAS & Associates has vast experience working with corporations which are subject to DFARS, need to overcome corrective action responses, or are undergoing other systems audits related to accounting, inventory, and material management. The CEO, Rob Swanson, has spoken at audit and compliance conferences to educate attendees on how to drive compliance and business performance; sometimes marrying the two.