Join Dr. John S. Sampalis, Founder, CEO and Chief Scientific Officer of JSS Medical Research Inc. as he shares his insights on the value of healthcare administrative data analysis.
Toronto, Canada (PRWEB) January 15, 2013
Effectiveness and safety observed in real-life can differ significantly from efficacy and safety observed in clinical trials. Not only can this create treatment and safety gaps, but it can undermine return on investment for drug developers and efficient use of funds for both public and private healthcare providers and payers.
Post-Approvals Clinical & Epidemiology Studies (PACES), including those using healthcare administrative databases analysis, are sources of information that allow the assessment of real-life effectiveness. Pharmaceutical companies, insurers, payers and benefits managers are increasingly using these databases to conduct observational studies to generate evidence. Using real-life administrative databases could help close the treatment and safety gaps created by the intrinsic differences between clinical trials and real-life utilization of drugs.
Attendees will get the answers to questions, including:
- What are the objectives of healthcare administrative data and registries analysis?
- What are the possible designs of these observational studies?
- What are the variables available in these databases?
- What are the pros and cons of administrative database analysis compared to other post-approval studies design?
- What are the challenges of conducting theses type of studies?
- What are some examples of healthcare administrative databases analysis?
For more information about this event or to register, visit: http://xtks.in/xto554
Xtalks, powered by Honeycomb Worldwide Inc., is a leading provider of educational webinars to the global Life Sciences community. Every year thousands of industry practitioners turn to Xtalks for access to quality content. Xtalks helps Life Science professionals stay current with industry developments, trends and regulations. Xtalks webinars also provide perspectives on key issues from top industry thought leaders and service providers.
To learn more about Xtalks visit http://xtalks.com/ContactUs.ashx
Karen Lim (416) 977-6555 ext 227