SAE International and ASTM International have just published the latest edition of the popular “Metals & Alloys in the Unified Number System."
Warrendale, PA (PRWEB) January 15, 2013
SAE International and ASTM International have just published the latest edition of the popular “Metals & Alloys in the Unified Number System,” which provides the uniformity necessary for efficient indexing, record keeping, data storage and retrieval, and cross-referencing.
Updated to include more than 5,600 designations; 4,100 representative specification cross references; and 15,350 trade names, the 12th edition of “UNS” includes:
- Introduction to the Unified Numbering System
- Index to UNS Designations by Base Elements
- Listing of UNS Numbers assigned-to date, with a description of each material covered and references to documents in which the same or similar materials are described
- Cross-index of commonly known documents that describe materials that are the same as or similar to those covered by UNS numbers
- Index of Common Trade Designations
- Reprint of the J1086/ASTM E527 Standard "Recommended Practice for Numbering Metals and Alloys"
Cross-references include specifications from these organizations:
- AA (Aluminum Association) Numbers
- ACI (Steel Founders of America) Numbers
- AISI (American Iron and Steel Institute) including SAE Numbers (Carbon and Low Alloy Steels)
- AMS (SAE Aerospace Materials Specifications) Numbers
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Numbers
- ASTM (American Society for Testing & Materials) Numbers
- AWS (American Welding Society) Numbers
- QQ (Federal Specification Numbers)
- MILS (Military Specification Numbers)
- SAE International “AMS” and "J" Numbers
- Published: December 2012
- Pages: 540
- Binding: Hardbound
- Product Code: HS-1086/2012
- ISBN: 978-0-7680-7950-0
- Price: $205.00 List, $164.00-$184.50 SAE Member
For more information, including free front and back matter, or to order “Metals & Alloys in the Unified Numbering System, 12th edition,” visit http://books.sae.org/book-hs-1086/2012/. To request an electronic review copy of the book, email pr(at)sae(dot)org. Forward published reviews to Shawn Andreassi at pr(at)sae(dot)org or SAE International, 400 Commonwealth Dr., Warrendale PA, 15096-0001, to receive a print copy of the book or another equivalent SAE International book.
Other related books from SAE International include:
- books.sae.org/book-b-asm-037 - Relational Analysis, Guidelines for Estimating the High- and Low-Temperature Properties of Metals by: J. Gilbert Kaufman
- books.sae.org/book-b-asm-036 - Metallurgy for the Non-Metallurgist, 2nd Ed by: Arthur C. Reardon
- books.sae.org/book-b-asm-033 - The History of Stainless Steel by: Harold M. Cobb
The “UNS” also is available as an online subscription product or as a set of online and print products at http://sae.org/uns/.
SAE International is a global association of more than 133,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.