Travel insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, shares tips for travelers heading to Washington DC this weekend.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) January 17, 2013
No question, being in Washington DC for an event as historic as a Presidential Inauguration is a wonderful and memorable experience. But, there are a lot of things you need to know before embarking on the trip. Travel protection brand, Protect Your Bubble, shares tips for travelers heading to Washington DC this weekend.
1. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes – District of Columbia is a fantastic city. It’s covered with history, monuments, museums, gardens, Arlington Cemetery and more. So, be prepared to walk… a lot. For those planning to watch the Presidential Inauguration, it’s going to be a long day of walking to the location, getting a place on the Mall, waiting for the ceremony, and once it’s complete, walking back to the Metro or one’s hotel. Ensure that your shoes and clothes are broken-in, breathable, and comfortable.
2. Plan the route early – Planning early will alleviate stress and make for an enjoyable day. Be sure to know where the nearest Metro stop is located and which stop you need to get off. There will be millions attending the Inauguration, so it’s advised to get started early. Leave plenty of time for walking and waiting for the Metro.
3. Establish a meeting place – The reality is, when there are large crowds it’s easy for someone in a party to become separated and lost from their group. Before setting out for the day, establish a designated meeting place, should someone become lost. Make sure it’s a place that’s easy to find and not over-crowded. Keep in mind that when large gatherings occur, many cell phone signals become lost, so having a meeting place assigned is a wise idea.
4. Avoid pick pocketing – The sad reality is that it’s common for people to get pick pocketed in large crowds. Thieves know that many tourists will be in Washington D.C. this weekend, so take precautions. Do not keep your phone in your back pocket – that’s such an easy target for criminals. Keep it out of sight and under clothing, if possible. For women, make sure you keep your purse clutched close to you. Smartphone theft is on the rise in the U.S. Protect Your Bubble offers smartphone insurance which covers loss and theft, in addition to damage. Visit ProtectYourBubble.com for more information. It only takes minutes to sign up for coverage.
When planning your next trip, remember that vacation insurance is a great way to cover trip emergencies, cancelations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble travel protection gives travelers peace of mind, starting at $14 per trip. Visit protectyourbubble.com for a quick quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and
travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA