East Hartford, CT (PRWEB) January 17, 2013
The travel and cruise industry has officially launched “Wave Season” of 2013. Wave Season which runs from January through March is the largest booking season and is one of the major times that cruise lines jump in and offer the best rates, amenities and travel options of the year. Along with discounts, cruise lines are generous with incentives, like cabin upgrades, free onboard credit, pre-cruise hotels stays, pre-paid gratuities and secured bookings. For those likeminded individuals who are looking to get away during the colder winter months will be pleased with several options from cruise lines trying to gain more passengers to get the cruise industry back on track for 2013.
Travel insured International, a leading travel insurance provider for cruise travel, offers tips on how to get a great deal as well as ways to protect travel investments during Wave Season 2013.
- Always contact a professional cruise travel agent who has established affiliations within the cruise industries such as ASTA and CLIA. Travel agents with these connections are able to guide travelers towards the best deals and options that may not be known about publicly.
- One of the newest and most popular types of discounted cruises is European River Cruises. Many European cruise line companies are promoting package deals and discounts to attract new passengers, so check them out first if that is of interest.
- Contact the cruise line’s customer service department and ask for information on any specials or additional discounts. Also mention the location of departure, ages of the travelers, and the number of people traveling together – all could influence the total price change.
- Some of the best deals are found during the winter weather months as well as Hurricane Season. If a traveler wants to take advantage of a great deal during a riskier travel period, they need to be sure to protect travel plans with insurance that will cover cancellations and delays.
- Cruise lines often offer lower prices if a traveler books a trip on an older style ship, rather than with a newer, larger, state of the art vessel.
- Choose the package deals which make the most sense for you and your traveling companions. If an extravagant room and view are important then choose upgrades, where as if activities and extraordinary dining are of more interest, choose a redeemable credit option.
Protect Your Cruise Deal
Travel Insured International® reminds travelers that when they purchase a cruise vacation it is important to protect the travel investments made even if they were purchased at a discounted price. A minimum recommendation is a comprehensive Worldwide Trip Protector or Worldwide Trip Protector Gold plan for the broadest coverage available. Both plans include up to full reimbursement of the prepaid, non-refundable trip cost for a covered Trip Cancellation, and up to 150% of prepaid non-refundable trip cost for a covered Trip Interruption. Both include a job loss of the insured or the travel partner as a covered reason for Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption. Missed Connection, when a three-hour common carrier delay causes the insured to miss their cruise departure, or an unforeseen itinerary change causes loss of a prepaid shore activity, is included. Trip Delay, Emergency Medical Expense and Emergency Medevac, Baggage Loss or Delay, and Travel Accident coverage are also included.
This document contains highlights of the plan. A complete description of the terms, conditions and exclusions of this plan will be provided once the plan is purchased. Please note; Residents of GA, KS, LA, MN, OR, SD, TX, UT, and WA will receive a separate Certificate of Insurance in compliance with state requirements. Plans are underwritten by the United States Fire Insurance Company. Fairmont Specialty and Crum & Forster are registered trademarks of United State Fire Insurance Company. The Crum & Forster group of companies is rated A (Excellent) by AM Best Company 2012. Not all coverage available in all jurisdictions.
Travel Insured International
52-S Oakland Ave.
E. Hartford, CT 06128-0568