"My vision for GroupGel is to alleviate those problems by delivering a single technology platform that lets groups communicate, connect and coordinate more easily and effectively,” said John Marshall, Founder and Chief Gellie at GroupGel.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) January 18, 2013
Atlanta based start-up, GroupGel (http://www.groupgel.com) announces the release of a new group management platform that enables comprehensive management of any group from a single online application. From sending last-minute or emergency text messages to the group, to creating and monitoring sign-up sheets online, GroupGel is a one-stop application that includes it all.
“As an avid volunteer, I find a lot of groups plagued with burdensome administration, under-engaged members, and inefficient communications. My vision for GroupGel is to alleviate those problems by delivering a single technology platform that lets groups communicate, connect and coordinate more easily and effectively,” said John Marshall, Founder and Chief Gellie at GroupGel.
GroupGel includes a comprehensive suite of features that allows groups to spend less time managing and more time accomplishing their missions. Built on the Windows® Azure platform, GroupGel features include:
- Messages - Disseminate messages and emergency notices to the group via text, email and/or voicemail.
- Sign-ups – Create sign-ups - whether volunteer time slots, items needed for an event, or things that need to be done – post the list, watch volunteers sign up and know who’s doing what in real-time.
- Events – Schedule events and collect RSVPs from people in the group for efficiency.
- Interest Forms – Issue surveys to members to understand their interests and then search for volunteers to meet a particular criteria.
- Discussions – Initiate non-urgent discussions with the group, easily tracking responses associated with a particular topic.
GroupGel provides the basic suite of services for free while enterprise users who need to send several hundred messages a month, have an extensive number of users, or require customized features, can access a premium version of GroupGel with a monthly subscription. The mobile component, GroupGel Connect, is an app for the iPhone and iPad, and is available in the iTunes Store. GroupGel Connect enables group leaders to configure and send messages to a portion of or an entire group instantly from their iPhone or iPad.
The announcement comes on the heels of GroupGel’s Beta Program, which launched the application to a select group of users for testing and feedback in October. Beta participants represented a broad array of group types, from political campaigns, to churches, schools, and sports leagues, from small businesses to non-profit organizations.
For more information, or to register for free, visit http://www.groupgel.com.
GroupGel was born out of the idea that Groups are Good. GroupGel is a simple, free, one-stop tool to that makes it easier to manage groups, get people involved, and communicate with members. Whether it’s a school, church, charity, campaign, sports team or non-profit, GroupGel let groups spend more time doing and less time managing. Visit http://www.groupgel.com.