New York (PRWEB) January 17, 2013
TradeCard, Inc., the supply chain collaboration and global trade platform used by more than 10,000 retailers, brands, manufacturers and service providers, announced today that purchase order volume on the TradeCard Platform reached $32 billion in 2012, a 47% increase over 2011. The increase was largely driven by growing trade volumes in emerging sourcing hubs in Vietnam, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Malaysia. In 2012, more than 2,800 trading partners were activated onto TradeCard’s Procure to Pay™ platform while more than 1,000 factories were added to TradeCard’s Factory Xpress® pack and scan solution.
“TradeCard experienced strong all-around growth in 2012,” said Sean Feeney, CEO of TradeCard, Inc. “The number of trading partners on our network surged by more than 3,000, driving record volume of business conducted on our platform. In addition, TradeCard opened new offices in San Francisco and Vietnam, and added 115 employees around the world.”
- TradeCard launched Trade Xpress™ to transform how manufacturers conduct business with multiple buyers. The cloud-based solution enables suppliers to manage all customer orders, payments and factories in a centralized system.
- TradeCard launched the framework for AppXpress™, a developer toolkit and environment that empowers customers to develop custom applications on top of the TradeCard Platform, and started building an online community to support the developer ecosystem.
- TradeCard added more than 3,000 trading partners and signed deals with several major brands, including Coach, Guess Europe and Acushnet, provider of golf brands Titleist and FootJoy.
Growing Footprint at the Factory Floor:
- TradeCard processed more than 1.7 billion items through its cloud-based factory floor automation solution, Factory Xpress. Customers shipped more than 138 million cartons using Factory Xpress, an increase of 97% over 2011. In 2012, Factory Xpress processed 653,000 purchase orders and 638,000 advanced shipment notices. Twenty-four brands and retailers and over 5,000 suppliers now use Factory Xpress to connect, fulfill compliance requirements and enable shipment strategies such as DC bypass and mark-for-store.
- TradeCard launched a partnership with International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private investment arm of the World Bank, to provide access to trade financing for companies in emerging regions.
- TradeCard partnered with Technia, a leading consultancy and systems integrator in the Nordic countries, to expand its global network of capabilities to Northern Europe.
- TradeCard was named the winner of two Global Finance awards recognizing the best supply chain finance providers. TradeCard received awards for:
o Best Platform Connecting Buyers, Suppliers and Financial Institutions
o Best Inventory Management
- TradeCard was named to the Supply & Demand Chain Executive 100, highlighting 100 Great Supply Chain Projects. The company was recognized for delivering business value in a supply chain transformation project at a fast growing intimate apparel provider.
- TradeCard was profiled as a leading supply chain finance provider in a report from analyst firm Aité Group.
About TradeCard, Inc.
Since 1999, TradeCard, Inc. has transformed global supply chain collaboration by boosting visibility, cash flow and margins for over 10,000 brands, retailers, suppliers and service providers operating in 78 countries. TradeCard delivers a cloud-based network that enables complex, multi-enterprise sourcing transactions across multiple layers of the supply chain. More than 45,000 individual users leverage the TradeCard Platform to streamline transaction flows, from purchase order through production tracking, shipment and payment. Embedded financial services throughout the supply network reduce capital costs and minimize risk. Multi-enterprise collaboration on the platform delivers visibility into the movement of goods, from raw materials to the store shelf. TradeCard’s on-the-ground trade experts around the world allow entire supply networks to rapidly join and drive value through the platform.
The world’s leading retailers and brands, including Levi Strauss & Co., Columbia Sportswear, Guess and Rite Aid, leverage the TradeCard Platform and its member network for sourcing and global trade. TradeCard, Inc. is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Taipei, Seoul, Colombo and Ho Chi Minh City. TradeCard is located online at http://www.tradecard.com.
# # #