Travel protection brand, Protect Your Bubble, offers driving tips for snowy and icy road conditions (Source: Weather.com).
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) January 18, 2013
Before heading out of town to an area that is experiencing icy or snowy conditions, travelers should have an understanding of how to handle their vehicle in those conditions. Travel protection brand, Protect Your Bubble, offers driving tips for snowy and icy road conditions (Source: Weather.com).
1. Slow Down – Drivers should make sure that they drive slowly during wintery conditions. This will allow for plenty of room to stop. Icy patches can be treacherous, but high speeds can often make them very dangerous. Take caution and drive slower than normal, and do not use cruise control when in these conditions.
2. Know Your Brakes – If a stop on ice is needed, the driver should know what type of brakes are on the car. For instance, if the car has standard brakes, the driver should lightly pump the brakes until the car stops. For anti-lock brakes, the driver should not pump the brakes. Instead, simply apply steady pressure on the brake.
3. Lights On – Always keep the headlights on during wintery weather. This will increase the driver’s visibility, as well as make the car visible to other automobiles on the road.
4. Low Gears – Lower gears allow for more control because they enable better traction on the road.
5. What to Do If You Skid – First, take the foot off of the accelerator. If the rear wheels skid, the driver should steer the car in the direction they want the front wheels to go. If the front wheels skid, the driver should shift the gear to “neutral” and not steer the car wheel at first. The vehicle will gain traction. Once it does, steer the car in the appropriate direction and return gear to “drive.”
When planning your winter travel, remember that vacation insurance is a great way to cover trip emergencies, cancelations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble travel protection gives travelers peace of mind, starting at $14 per trip. For those hitting the open road in a rental car, it’s important to remember that rental car protection is a great way to cover damage, trip emergencies, cancelations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble provides rental car protection and gives travelers peace of mind for $7.99 per day. Visit protectyourbubble.com for a quick quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA