The smoke given off from melted plastic is extremely toxic
(PRWEB UK) 30 January 2013
It has been reported that a man and pregnant woman have escaped uninjured from a fire in Upper Norwood after their washing machine caught fire. 25 fire fighters attended the incident and the lady was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. It is believed that the smoke alarm that saved them had been fitted just 6 months previously by the London Fire Brigade, who regularly fit detectors free of charge.
We Fix Now provide a service for those searching for an electrician or emergency plumber in London and are dedicated to keeping residents of the capital safe from faulty appliances. A representative from the company explains the dangers washing machines pose in a fire.
“The smoke given off from melted plastic is extremely toxic so it really is vital to prevent these incidents from happening. Remember to get all appliances checked regularly by a registered engineer.
It is also important to remember not to leave items like washing machines running whilst you are out or asleep. Some particularly old models have no protection against overheating. If you’re worried this could be you, why not contact us and we’ll provide a trusted and reliable engineer as soon as possible to assess the situation.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbers in London throughout the M25 and surrounding counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.