Brosix network administrator will be able to allow access to certain users to other instant messengers. It could be very useful feature for salespeople enabling them to chat with prospects on free public messengers.
(PRWEB) January 23, 2013
Brosix had a great 2012 with several new updates, including upgraded conferencing mode for the Text Chat, File Transfer, Screen Shot, Whiteboard and Co-Browse features, as well as other improvements. For 2013, Brosix has its sights set on continuing to improve its users’ experience.
Some of the improvements the Brosix developers have slated for 2013 are:
- Mobile: The improvement of the Brosix mobile application, including geo-location capabilities and the ability to send photos through instant messaging conversations.
- Spell-check: Spell-check in several languages will be available on Mac, Linux, and Windows versions of Brosix in the first quarter of 2013.
- Multi-Network Connections: Brosix network administrator will be able to allow access to certain users to other instant messengers like Yahoo Messenger, AIM, ICQ, MSN, Facebook, Google Talk and Jabber. It could be very useful feature for salespeople enabling them to chat with prospects on free public messengers. This feature will be disabled by default.
- Website Live Chat: Webmasters will be able to add a live chat widget to their websites to allow companies to connect with current and potential customers who are visiting the company website in real time.
- Cloud Storage: Brosix users will have the ability to access secure cloud-based storage for files, pictures and documents. This storage will be as secure as all other Brosix features and communications.
To learn more about Brosix Instant Messenger and how it can help you and your business meet its communication needs, please visit http://www.brosix.com.
Brosix offers all-in-one instant messaging incorporating audio and video calls, sending screenshots, co-browsing, whiteboard and desktop sharing technology to provide an easy-to-use online meeting solution for high-quality online business collaboration. Used by more than 100,000 registered users, Brosix customers consist primarily of small- to medium-sized businesses. At present, more than 10,000 corporate customers in over 70 countries worldwide are using the Brosix private instant messaging networks and benefiting from significantly reduced travel time and travel expenses. Launched in 2006, Brosix is continuing to provide top instant messaging software to thousands of users around the world.