Not only are we highly trained in septic system problems, but we are also trained in kindness, safety, and cleanliness. Call us today so that we can get started on your septic system and get you out of the muck!
Sunland, CA (PRWEB) January 23, 2013
A leading septic service Sunland, CA company, Checkered Flag Plumbing®, is sharing five new useful tips to prevent problems from occurring with septic tank systems.
The tips can be used by business and home owners and are quite effective at keeping septic tank systems running smoothly. The septic tank service Sunland, CA business has put these tips together from their extensive experience.
Many people have septic tank systems and by taking the time to understand their strengths and weaknesses, these systems can work effectively for years without the need for major services.
Below are the five new tips presented by septic tank service Sunland, CA company, Checkered Flag Plumbing®:
1. Keep septic system area clear of trees – Trees can have root systems that stretch wide and deep into the ground and this can cause issues with pipes and other connections. Trees that are within 100 feet of a septic system should be removed and great care should be taken in planting trees with a septic system in place.
2. Don’t use toilets to flush non-degradable materials – Septic systems are great for organic waste but cannot break down paper, cigarettes, cat litter, or coffee grounds. Flushing these kinds of items into the system can create a clog, resulting in backflow and the need for a septic service Sunland, CA professional.
3. Give great care to the drainfield – The best way to establish a strong drainfield is to turn it into a lawn. Make sure that you have a good irrigation system in place so that the water can be equally distributed throughout. The water needs to be able to make it to the surface so that it can evaporate.
4. Avoid putting harsh chemicals/cleaners into the system – Cleaning agents and other chemicals can damage septic systems. Some actually destroy the bacteria which is vital to the breakdown of waste within the tank.
5. Don’t send other drainage to the drainfield – Make sure that drainage from pools, lawns, home gutters and other sources are directed somewhere else. Too much drainage will cause flooding of the drainfield to occur.
The list is just one of many ways in which the septic service Sunland, CA company strives to provide useful information to its neighbors and customers.
About Checkered Flag Plumbing®:
Checkered Flag Plumbing® has been serving the southern California region since 1995. Family owned and operated, the company is committed to providing the best and fastest plumbing services to its customers. Checkered Flag Plumbing® is a full-service plumbing company that cares for gas pipes, drains, sewers, leach lines, septic tanks, and more.
For more information about the services provided, please visit their website at http://www.draindudes.com or call (877) 700-0160 to schedule an appointment.