(PRWEB UK) 24 January 2013
New Year’s resolutions are still fresh in the minds and hearts of many but sticking to them it easy said than done! Finding the time to exercise, not be able to afford the gym membership or just simply motivation could be the issue. So to help with these, Protect Your Bubble, gadget insurance company, has a list of some excellent apps to help with those resolutions and keep them way beyond January 31st.
1. Pocket Yoga [from £1.89] iOS and Android – Yoga is fast becoming popular in the world, and its low impact exercises are a hit for those who are not as flexible as they once were. Set the phone on the mat, and begin yoga with 145 different poses. Levels, lengths and practices are all variable as well as a log to track progress. Easy to use at home and a far cry from the cost of classes at the gym.
2. RunKeeper [Free] iOS and Android – As a motivator, this app is hard to beat. Track runs and cycling, walking and rollerblading as well. The app records pace, distance, time and calories consumed and monitors all of them over time for progress records. Create goals, improve fitness and set positive targets for an all-around app.
3. Couch to 5K [from £1.26] iOS and Android – Couch to 5K is a simple plan that gets someone who has never run before to a 5k run in nine weeks. Gradually build stamina and endurance with this handy app that tracks the training, uses personal music and logs runs via GPS.
4. Vitogo [from £0.69] iOS – This app is a personal trainer. The app coaches a workout and tracks progress. Exercises feature photos and videos to help understand them, and a countdown timer tracks rest periods between exercises. Vitogo also integrates with RunKeeper if chosen to use both.
5. Nike Training Club [Free] iOS (Android version is on O2 network currently) – A personal training system, 85 custom workouts and extras to unlock such as Lea Michele (Rachel Berry of Glee fame) and professional athletes. Use personal playlists and music for workouts. Step-by-step instructions come with all of the exercises for those who get stuck or lost. Expect U.K.-wide release soon.
6. Calorie Counter [Free] Android, Blackberry, iOS, Windows Phone – Weight loss is part fitness and part eating less. Keep a food diary with this app that tracks everything eaten for caloric intake. Set a target weight and goal for maintenance or summertime bathing suit and the app helps with the rest. A barcode scanner scans purchased foods to help tracking.
Planning for a healthy new year is a great idea and using an app to help is even better. Insurance from Protect Your Bubble can cover theft, accidentally damage and as an optional extra lost, so if this does happen to the mobile there is no need to trash the resolution. Visit Protect your bubble for a free quote and details.
About Protect your bubble UK
Backed by a Fortune 500 company, Protect your bubble is the UK’s largest specialist gadget insurer that also offers a wide range of insurance products including car insurance, car hire excess insurance, home insurance and pet insurance; all at wallet-friendly prices.
Mobile phone Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/gi-mobile-phone-insurance.html
iPhone Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/ip-iphone-insurance.html
Gadget Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/gadget-insurance/
Find Us On: