Healthcare Leadership Perspectives on the Patient Experience Explored by The Beryl Institute
New White Paper Includes Interviews from 17 Hospital C-Suite Executives
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) January 24, 2013
Acknowledging the importance of leadership in an organization’s ability to improve overall patient experience, The Beryl Institute releases a new white paper, Voices from the C-Suite: Perspectives on the Patient Experience.
The paper shares leadership thoughts, stories and checklists captured through interviews of 17 senior healthcare executives in organizations and systems of varying sizes, across different geographic and demographic influences, and at varying stages of their patient experience journeys. The leaders were each asked a series of questions to explore current and evolving perspectives on the patient experience movement including:
"How does patient experience fit into the strategy of your organization?"
- "What do you see as the role and responsibility of senior leadership in supporting/driving patient experience efforts?"
- "Where have you seen some of your greatest successes, supports and roadblocks?"
- "What advice do you have for other executive leaders addressing patient experience in their organizations?"
- "What advice do you have for patient experience leaders looking to engage their senior leaders?"
“Through the stories and words of the contributors, this paper reveals compelling themes and a clear call to action for healthcare organizations on the importance of focusing on this critical issue,” said Jason Wolf, executive director of The Beryl Institute. “These leaders paint a vivid picture on how we can (and must) collectively engage in improving the patient experience in all healthcare organizations.”
The executive leaders who contributed to this paper are:
- David Ansell, MD, MPH, Senior Vice President, Clinical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Ill.
- Kenneth R. Buser, President and CEO, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – All Saints, Racine, Wis.
- Devin C. Carty, MBA, Vice President of Culture, Chief Marketing Officer & Chief Experience Officer, Vanguard Health Systems, Nashville, Tenn.
- Brian Craft, MHA, PMP, Vice President of Finance and Entity Financial Officer, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospitals Plano and Allen, Plano, Texas
- David Feinberg, MD, MBA, President, UCLA Health System, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Larry T. Hegland, MD, MMM, Chief Medical Officer, Ministry Saint Clare’s Hospital, The Diagnostic and Treatment Center and Ministry Good Samaritan Health Center, Weston, Wis.
- David C. Hunter, Chief Operating Officer, Parkview Noble Hospital, Kendallville, Ind.
- Kirat Kharode, Vice President of Operations, LibertyHealth System, Jersey City, N.J.
- Kevin L. Meek, RN, BA, MHI, Chief Nursing Officer, OASIS Hospital, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Mark Meyer, Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer, Grady Health System, Atlanta, Ga.
- Roberta Levy Schwartz, Executive Vice President, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas
- Nina Setia, Chief Patient Experience Officer, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, N.Y.
- Cheryl Sheridan, BS, RN, MPA, NE-BC, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer, Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, N.Y.
- Lynn Skoczelas, Chief Experience Officer, Sharp HealthCare, San Diego, Calif.
- Diana Topjian, RN, MSN, DM, VP/Chief Nurse Executive, Roper St. Francis Mount Pleasant Hospital, Mount Pleasant, S.C.
- Mary Vidaurri, RN, Ph.D., Chief Operating Officer, Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital/Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Mich.
- Vincent Wyatt, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Memorial Hospital, Jacksonville, Fla.
To download the white paper, visit http://www.theberylinstitute.org/?page=PUBS .
# # #
About The Beryl Institute:
The Beryl Institute is the global community of practice and premier thought leader on improving the patient experience. The Institute serves as a reliable resource for shared information and proven practices, a dynamic incubator of leading research and new ideas and an interactive connector of leaders and practitioners. The Institute is uniquely positioned to develop and publicize cutting-edge concepts focused on improving the patient experience, touching thousands of healthcare executives and patients.
The Beryl Institute defines the patient experience as the sum of all interactions, shaped by an organization’s culture, that influence patient perceptions across the continuum of care.