The entire eScholar team and community are enjoying the recognition that data can drive personalization and make it practical to engage students one-by-one
White Plains, NY (PRWEB) January 24, 2013
eScholar, a leader in the application of research and data to personalize education, today recounted the events of 2012 that shaped the education market and the company. Building on momentum gained in 2012, eScholar is looking to continue to improve how the education industry uses data to drive personalization and its overall impact on the education market.
2012 was witness to a shift in education’s use of data toward supporting individual students, in addition to overall accountability and measurement. With this, data is becoming a driver of improvement, not just a measure of results. Some of the events that illustrate this trend include the U.S. Education Department’s introduction of the MyData Initiative to give students control over their own data, as well as the increased support of the Common Core as a way to form a standard view of educational achievement as students progress towards more personalized pathways. eScholar also worked closely with one of the largest districts in the country to deploy eScholar myTrack®, the industry’s first longitudinal data driven platform to personalize education. All of these events happening in a single year demonstrate the broader education market’s desire to use data throughout all aspects of education to measure, improve and affect the positive outcomes of students.
“The entire eScholar team and community are enjoying the recognition that data can drive personalization and make it practical to engage students one-by-one,” said Shawn Bay, CEO and Founder of eScholar. “eScholar has spent 16 years focusing on improving the way data is used at all levels of education. Today, we are helping more and more of our customers use data at the classroom and student level. This is helping state agencies to build upon their substantial data system investments and more directly improve student achievement.”
For eScholar, 2012 was a banner year that saw substantial organizational growth, the introduction of new products, increased industry recognition and broad support of the company’s mission to improve the use of data at all levels of education. Building upon the deployment across 13 state education agencies and support of more than 20 million students, eScholar’s core milestones for the year, included:
- Introduction of eScholar myTrack. Developed in conjunction with educators, eScholar myTrack harnesses longitudinal data to drive personalized education and achievement.
- Recognition of eScholar myTrack as a Top 100 Product by the readers of District Administration magazine, active deployment in North Carolina, and selection as a solution to fulfill the New York State Education Department’s vision to drive the personalization of education across the state. eScholar myTrack allows users to set, track, and achieve individual educational goals.
- Introduction of eScholar U to deliver highly customizable online learning that supports the delivery of valuable information from subject matter experts into the hands of educators. eScholar U provides educators at the school, district and state levels with the ability to deliver a centralized and dynamic repository of timely learning materials to strengthen skills, impart knowledge and improve education practices.
- Introduction of eScholar Interstate™ ID eXchange which allows State Education Agency staff to find and correctly identify students that travel between participating states, provides unduplicated identification and maintains aliases of participating states.
- Release of the eScholar Complete Data Warehouse version 14 suite which received recognition as Best District Data Solution within EdTech Digest’s 2012 Award Program.
- Participation in even more industry wide leadership events throughout the year, including USED’s Data Jam and Education Datapalooza, as well as NEFC, NYSSBA, and NYSCATE.
To learn more about eScholar join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter, or visit eScholar at http://www.eScholar.com.
eScholar is the nation's leading innovator in the application of billions of individual education data points to the needs and goals of each person. eScholar customers are realizing significant improvements in their ability to meet mandated reporting requirements but more importantly in their ability to improve pre-K through postsecondary student achievement. eScholar delivers an entire suite of award winning data warehouse, student and staff identifier management and collaborative goal planning solutions. Relied on by 13 state education agencies and over 4,800 districts across the country, eScholar products transform the way educators use data. For more information about eScholar, visit http://www.escholar.com or call 877-328-2969.