Lehigh Valley, PA (PRWEB) January 26, 2013
Discover Lehigh Valley’s 2013 Lehigh Valley Official Visitors Guide has a new name and a new look. Formerly the “Map & Guide,” the redesigned Visitors Guide provides a vibrant and comprehensive overview of activities, events and attractions in the two-county, three-city region in eastern Pennsylvania.
This year’s brochure includes special features highlighting celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse and his three Bethlehem restaurants, family fun itineraries and package Stay & Save deals.
The guide’s first five pages feature just what makes up Lehigh Valley, including fun and historical city facts for Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton as well as famous Lehigh Valleyians and movies filmed locally.
The “Stay & Save” section of the Official Visitors Guide details the area’s five most popular travel packages:
- Stay & Play golf – Includes overnight accommodations, breakfast and 18 holes of golf, greens fee, cart and all taxes.
- Stay & Ski – (for winter 2013-14) Includes overnight accommodations and a voucher for your choice of skiing, snowboarding or snow tubing at Blue Mountain Ski Area or Bear Creek Mountain Resort.
- Stay & Scream (Dorney Deals) – While package prices and features vary by hotel, some include tickets to Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, while others offer park tickets at a discounted rate off the gate price.
- Stay & Investigate – Paranormal investigating has experienced a meteoric rise in popularity and Discover Lehigh Valley has partnered with local destinations to accommodate paranormal enthusiasts and skeptics alike.
- Stay & Game – The Bethlehem-Steel inspired Sands® Casino Resort Bethlehem features slots, live table games and upscale dining. The hotel on site is home to more than 300 rooms, including 16 Executive Suites, six Presidential Suites and 12,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. The new Outlets at Sands Bethlehem is home to more than 30 premium, brand-name retailers. And, the Sands Bethlehem Event Center brings in the best in music and comedic acts. Experience all Sands® Casino Resort Bethlehem has to offer with any one of our special package options.
Other sections include City Profiles, Coupons and Play, Stay, Shop, and Eat, highlighting the best Lehigh Valley has to offer.
The Official Visitors Guide also highlights events happening throughout Lehigh Valley during the year and offers travel support solutions.
The 2013 Lehigh Valley Official Visitors Guide is complimentary and can be requested by calling 610-882-9200 or visiting DiscoverLehighValley.com. Guides are also distributed at more than 60 brochure racks located in hotels and at select attractions throughout the region.
About Discover Lehigh Valley
Discover Lehigh Valley is the designated destination marketing organization (DMO) of Lehigh and Northampton counties. Its mission is to promote and develop Lehigh Valley as a leisure and business travel destination. Created in 1984, Discover Lehigh Valley assists in promoting regional tourism, an industry that generates $1.5 billion in annual revenue and accounts for more than 22,000 jobs in Lehigh Valley. For more information on Discover Lehigh Valley and its activities or to request a Lehigh Valley Official Visitors Guide, call (800) 747-0561, or visit the official tourism website of Lehigh Valley at DiscoverLehighValley.com.