United States (PRWEB) January 29, 2013
Recent reports show the U.S. economy is on an uptick and that has many aspiring entrepreneurs making the leap into franchising. The International Franchise Association predicts that more than $802 billion of revenue will be generated by franchise businesses in 2013, representing more than a 15% increase from end of year 2009, so what better time for an aspiring business owner to open up shop? The problem is there are so many franchise options to choose from – how do aspiring business owners distinguish between franchises that are a perfect fit and others that may represent a catastrophic mistake?
Rick Bisio, best-selling author and franchise expert, is launching the “Educated Franchisee Movement” to help these aspiring entrepreneurs make well-informed business ownership decisions poised for success. The “Educated Franchisee Movement” - a series of free educational tools (found both online and in print) and workshops will teach these entrepreneurs whether or not they have what it takes to become a successful franchise owner. Within this movement, Bisio will help entrepreneurs answer the following questions (among others):
- Is franchising right for me?
- Which franchise would be a good fit or a disaster?
- How much money do I need to buy a franchise and how much money do I need in the bank to stay afloat while my business takes off?
“I’m thrilled to help entrepreneurs find business opportunities that make sense for their skills and personal needs,” says Bisio. “When it comes to owning a business, fear stops many prospective owners from realizing their dreams. My goal is to leverage the fear surrounding business ownership to create a heightened level of preparedness. Fear is a natural part of the human physic and, when leveraged properly, can be a powerful friend. The result is a new business owner prepared to become both successful and profitable.
Bisio’s “Educated Franchisee Movement” can be found on his website – http://www.educatedfranchisee.com – and on multiple social media sites listed below. This movement includes...
- The best-selling book, “The Educated Franchisee”- a step-by-step guide that helps prospective business owners determine if they’re a good fit for franchising. The book also reveals countless secrets of the franchising world and everything prospects need to know to make a smart decision when buying their own business.
- The widely acclaimed “The Franchisee Workbook” – an interactive publication that provides prospective business owners with all the necessary charts, graphs and formulas necessary to put the lessons found in “The Educated Franchisee” into action.
- Free Glossary of Franchise Terms – this newly released, comprehensive list of franchise terms that helps prospective and new franchise owners better understand vocabulary specific to franchising as they make the adjustment to their new business opportunity. It was created with the generous help of the International Franchise Association, Lee Plave of PlaveKoch, and Ken Kaplan, Chief Corporate Counsel of Fantastic Sam’s and “The Educated Franchisee.”
Additionally, a comprehensive social media campaign will power the “Educated Franchisee Movement.” As part of this campaign, Bisio will engage directly with folks desperate for answers on their next career move by:
- Hosting a monthly podcast the last Thursday of every month that addresses topics and questions related to becoming an educated, well-qualified and successful business owner. The first podcast will be hosted on January 31st at 6 PM on blog talk radio. Anyone can join the podcast on Jan. 31st by typing “Rick Bisio” into the search bar on blog talk radio’s homepage.
- Responding to questions posted on the message board by members of Rick’s new LinkedIn group called “The Educated Franchisee Movement.” The group can be found here.
- Posting consistent updates and engaging with fans on his recently launched Facebook and Twitter pages dedicated to the “Educated Franchisee Movement.” Rick can be found on Facebook as The Educated Franchisee by Rick Bisio and on Twitter @educatedzee.
Franchise Industry Business Leaders Express their Support
Hundreds of franchise professionals, including Don DeBolt, former president of the International Franchise Association, fully endorse Bisio’s “Educated Franchisee Movement.” DeBolt believes Rick’s experience and unique approach will fuel the movement’s success.
“Rick brings an exceptionally high level of integrity and passion to every business relationship that few other franchise professionals can match,” says DeBolt. “The “Educated Franchisee Movement” isn’t about selling franchises, it’s about helping those new owners find a franchise concept that fits their business background, skill set and emotional needs.”
Stan Friedman, VP of Franchise Development at Tutor Doctor, agrees, and says he believes “The Educated Franchisee Movement” will resonate well with anyone involved in franchising or business ownership because of Rick’s dedication to treating aspiring business owners like students, not prospects.
“It’s never been more important for entrepreneurs to make smart and educated decisions and Rick helps them do that,” says Friedman. “We’re coming out of a long recession, so it’s imperative for new franchisees to be properly qualified, understand how franchising works, and join a system that fits. Rick helps his students do just that.”
About Rick Bisio and the “Educated Franchisee Movement”:
Rick Bisio, a lifetime entrepreneur and 20-year franchise veteran, has dedicated his life to empowering other entrepreneurs seeking smart, fulfilling and profitable business ownership opportunities. Rick’s website and each publication he’s written, including the Amazon best-selling book, “The Educated Franchisee”, is fully dedicated to equipping potential business owners with the tools and knowledge they’ll need to fully evaluate franchise opportunities and make great business decisions.
In 2013, as part of his effort to empower entrepreneurs, Bisio has launched an informative business ownership initiative called the “Educated Franchisee Movement.” Through the use of interactive podcasts, instructional blog posts, and social media engagement, Bisio is doing everything possible to show prospective entrepreneurs how to fully explore business ownership opportunities in a rapidly changing global economy. It is his goal to influence and inspire as many potential business owners as he can and help them launch businesses that fit their business background, skill set and personal needs.
To learn more about Rick Bisio and The Educated Franchisee, please visit http://www.educatedfranchisee.com.