Redmond, WA (PRWEB) January 29, 2013
Today, Dent The Future LLC, a company that explores the magic and science of visionary leadership and groundbreaking success, announced its inaugural conference, “Dent” 2013, at the Sun Valley Resort in Idaho, March 24-27th, 2013. Drawing from the inspirational phrase invoked by the late Steve Jobs, Dent brings together executive directors, CEOs, entrepreneurs, scientists, and political thinkers for two days of conversation and presentations focused around six themes: vision, team, design, process, focus, and alchemy.
- Participation at Dent is by invitation only.
Application for registration and more information can be found at: http://dentthefuture.com/request_invite. Register before February 28, 2013 to receive Early Bird pricing of $2,250, a $500 savings over the regular conference fee. Click here for a full schedule and agenda.
- The Dent Advisory Board includes Roger Black, Robert Scoble, Reshma Saujani, Oren Jacob, Doug Rowan, and Buzz Bruggeman.
- An all-star and growing line-up of speakers at Dent Conference includes:
- Alvy Ray Smith: Co-founder of Pixar and Altamira (sold to Microsoft).
- Cathie Black: a media executive, bestselling author of the book Basic Black, and small investor, advisor/board member in start-ups.
- Jean-Louis Gassée: General partner at the venture capital firm Allegis Capital, and former president of the Apple Products Division.
- Sunny Bates: Author, serial entrepreneur, mentor, and advisor.
- Harper Reed: Groundbreaking engineer; creator of Dashboard and CTO of Obama for America and Threadless.com.
- Maria Konnikova: Non-fiction and fiction writer and author of Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes.
- Kathryn Minshew: Founder and CEO of The Muse.
- Robert Scoble: An American blogger, technical evangelist, author, and Rackspace Startup Liaison Officer.
- Kushal Chakrabarti: Founder of education and microfinance company, Vittana.
- Oren Jacob: Renowned filmmaker and Co-Founder of ToyTalk and former Entrepreneur in Residence at August Capital.
- Carl Magnusson: Founder and CEO of Carl Magnusson Design & former Executive Vice President of Design at Knoll, where he worked in design for 30 years.
- Roger Viera: Head of Pounce, a 250+ consulting company working on multiple innovative technologies.
- Brian Wong: Co-founder of Kiip, who made his name developing social networking apps for Twitter.
- Dave Girouard: Founder and CEO of Upstart, former President of Google Enterprise.
- Daniel Brusilovsky: Founder and CEO of Teens in Tech Labs.
- Maia Young: Associate Professor of Management & Organizations at the UCLA Anderson School of Management.
Sponsored by Microsoft Bing and Xerox PARC, with media partner Scientific American, and produced by Dent The Future LLC, Dent explores the attributes and strategies of people and organizations who are making a “Dent in the universe.” Dent aims to translate the success of great leaders in business, politics, or in the nonprofit world into pragmatic, actionable takeaways.The concepts and lessons revealed at Dent can be applied to all kinds of work, from nonprofit to Fortune 500, and from design to music and the performing arts.
Why Sun Valley?
The Sun Valley Resort in late March is in many ways the perfect destination for Dent. For those who enjoy skiing or snowboarding, the powder is unparalleled, and for those who prefer other pursuits, the weather is warm enough to allow for photowalks and other activities.
Nestled in the Sawtooth Range of the northern Rockies, Sun Valley is far enough from a major city that conference attendees will be able to fully engage in the intimate gathering, building friendships and experiences in ways that are not possible amidst the hustle of everyday life.
- Dave Girouard: Founder of Upstart and former President of Google Enterprise
“Entrepreneurship today involves more than just a great idea. It takes mentorship, talent, and perhaps a little bit of magic to have larger than life effects on the world. I look forward to connecting with other leaders in Sun Valley at the first Dent Conference in March.”
- Robert Scoble: American blogger, technical evangelist, and author, best known as the “Scobleizer”
"Dent is one of my 'must-attend' conferences. It promises to be another one of those events everyone is talking about and nobody can get in to."
- Carrie Van Heyst: Co-Founder and CEO of The Van Heyst Group, Strategic leader and driving force behind the creation of the Microsoft CEO Summit and TIME Magazine’s Future of Life Summit
“Dent launches this spring with an eclectic mix of contributors reminiscent of the early TEDs. Unique to this new gathering is a focus on the space in between science and magic where real ingenuity lives. I anticipate it will offer four days where the boundaries of collective curiosity will push the edges.”
- For latest updates about the conference, visit: Dentthefuture.com
- For related insight and observations about the conference, read the Dent the Future blog: http://blog.dentthefuture.com/
- Discover what “putting a dent in the universe” means to upcoming conference attendee, Barry Schuler, VP with venture capital firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQlJhBCkKdA
- Microsoft Bing, the decision engine
- Meshin, a technology incubation inside PARC, a Xerox company
- Media partner: Scientific American Magazine
About Dent The Future LLC
Dent The Future, through a flagship conference of the same name, aims to translate the success of great leaders in business, politics, and charity into a set of lessons for those who would "put a dent" in the future. Co-Founders include Jason Preston and Steve Broback. For more information, visit: http://dentthefuture.com.
About Microsoft Bing
As a founding sponsor of Dent, Bing is committed to a definition of success that fulfills and augments human potential while exploring the future potential of search. With experiments like BingItOn.com and others, Bing will continue investing in technologies that move the conversation beyond branding to human-powered experience, and it is in that spirit that we are proud to be part of the Dent community of doers.
About Sun Valley, ID
Located amid a pristine mountain environment and high desert climate, Sun Valley is a four season outdoor paradise known as much for its art and cultural offerings as its recreational opportunities. Home to America's first destination ski resort, Sun Valley is recognized as The Original Mountain Town for its mountain heritage and down to earth appeal. For more information on the resort and its numerous amenities visit http://www.sunvalley.com. For a complete listing of events, dining, lodging and shopping options, and other area information visit http://www.visitsunvalley.com.