Cocoa, FL (PRWEB) January 31, 2013
The SRCC's accreditation is based on earning ISO 17065 accreditation for its solar thermal collector certification program, known as SRCC OG-100®, and for its solar thermal water heating certification program for residential and commercial applications, known as SRCC OG-300® certified solar systems program. ANSI has also awarded the SRCC accreditation to the Energy Star® program.
The SRCC coordinates, facilitates and promotes the development of voluntary consensus standards for the solar thermal industry, that are relied upon by industry, government agencies and consumers across the United States. The SRCC engages in collaboration with other organizations working on harmonization and partnerships around the world. The SRCC (as an ANSI accredited organization) and the experts that participate within the SRCC framework, work cooperatively to enhance the U.S. quality of life, and improve the competitiveness of businesses operating in the global marketplace.
The SRCC is the nation's premier rating credentialing, quality assurance and standards-setting organization for solar thermal collector performance and solar thermal water heating systems. The SRCC develops technical standards using an open, transparent, consensus-based process built on technical expertise in solar thermal technology.
The SRCC offers the following:
- National standards to ensure that minimum reliability, durability, safety, performance and consistent quality requirements are being followed throughout the manufacturing of solar thermal collectors, insuring performance and longevity of SRCC OG-100® certified collectors, resulting in performance ratings that are accepted throughout the solar thermal industry.
- National standards to ensure minimum design, reliability and safety requirements are established & followed, to provide consistent quality throughout the manufacturing and installation of solar thermal water heating systems, insuring performance and longevity of SRCC OG-300® certified solar thermal water heating systems, resulting in reliable energy savings ratings accepted by state and federal rebate programs.
- Certification to SRCC Standard 100, including SRCC Standard 600 for solar thermal collectors.
- Certification to SRCC Standard 300 for solar thermal water heating systems.
- Certification to Energy Star® for qualifying products under the category of solar water heaters.
- Quality assurance to verify conformance with SRCC standards, and to provide feedback for continuing improvement
- Partnership with testing organizations that provide independent testing services for solar thermal collector manufacturers.