We are offering tools and rewards to help our fans – and their friends – bring their life improvement projects to life, and make a positive impact on their homes.
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. (PRWEB) January 31, 2013
On March 9, 2013, IKEA, the Life Improvement Store will host its second BYOF (Bring Your Own Friends) Day, a national* in-store shopping event offering fans a day full of their favorite IKEA experiences to share with friends. The day is designed to reward IKEA loyalists, and their friends, with perks, activities and giveaways along with the opportunity to shop for items to help improve their lives at home. The event is part of the IKEA Life Improvement Project – a national program designed to offer consumers inspiration and suggestions to help make a positive impact on their homes and the lives within.
Consumers can visit http://www.thelifeimprovementproject.com and RSVP for their local BYOF event through Facebook. From there, they can print special offers to be used in store on BYOF Day. For each RSVP, IKEA will donate $1 to Save the Children’s Early Steps for School Success, up to $25,000.
“At IKEA, we are always looking to share fun and unique experiences with our customers,” said Lisa Allen, IKEA U.S. Product Public Relations. “We had an overwhelming response last year when 97.4% of people surveyed post-event said they would like IKEA to host BYOF again. As a result, for the second year in a row, we are offering tools and rewards to help our fans – and their friends – bring their life improvement projects to life, and make a positive impact on their homes.”
BYOF Day participants can look forward to the following in-store offerings:
- Food Specials: Have a foodie friend? There are many food offers on BYOF Day. Consumers can print out a coupon for free breakfast and enjoy food sampling from the Swedish Food Market.
- Life Improvement Seminars: Each store will host a Life Improvement Seminar offering tools, inspiration and suggestions to help people improve the way they live. Find out which seminar is being offered at your store on the BYOF tab on the IKEA Facebook page.
- Ask a Home Furnishings Expert: Customers can bring their design challenges in store for personalized advice from the experts on how to improve their space.
- Gift Card Giveaways: BYOF Shoppers can enter for a chance to win an IKEA gift card. Each store will give away $1000 worth of IKEA gift cards as prizes to reward loyal customers.
- Free Blue Bags: Customers can print out an offer on the IKEA Facebook page to redeem a free IKEA blue bag during this shopping event. The large, iconic, reusable bag is flexible, lightweight and easily cleaned, making it an ideal companion to transport many of your favorite items.
- Twitter Picture Hunt Sweepstakes**: Social media savvy? Customers can follow their local store twitter handles for details and a chance to win prizes on BYOF Day!
To learn more about BYOF day offers and details specific to local stores, people can visit http://www.thelifeimprovementproject.com. While on the site, consumers can also submit ideas and be inspired by others’ life improvement projects. For each submitted or shared project, IKEA will make a $1 donation (up to $50,000) to Save the Children’s Early Steps for School Success program serving children in need throughout the United States. Beyond this special event, IKEA shoppers can continue to get more out of each IKEA store visit by becoming an “IKEA FAMILY” member. Membership perks include special discounts, advance notification of special activities, like BYOF, gift card giveaway entries with each purchase, free coffee and tea in the IKEA Restaurant and more. On BYOF Day, shoppers will have the opportunity to sign up for the ongoing rewards program.
IKEA strives to be ‘The Life Improvement Store,’ and since its 1943 founding in Sweden, has offered home furnishings of good design and function, at low prices so the majority of people can afford them. There are currently more than 330 IKEA stores in 40 countries/territories, including 38 in the U.S. IKEA, the world’s leading home furnishings company, incorporates sustainable efforts into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more information, go to IKEA-USA.com.
*IKEA Portland will not be participating in BYOF Day.
**IKEA Tempe will not be participating in the Twitter Picture Hunt Sweepstakes.
# # #