“The big data market is young, new opportunities are everywhere, and investment is growing,” says Derrick Harris, senior writer for GigaOM and chair of Structure:Data 2013.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 30, 2013
GigaOM, a global technology media company, has announced new speakers and sessions for its third annual Structure:Data conference, to be held March 20-21 in New York City. Structure:Data will explore the technical and business opportunities created by the rapid growth of big data, including the future of Hadoop, the looming data-scientist crisis and top trends in data technology.
It is widely expected that by the end of this decade there will be 50 times as much data as there is right now. In a recent GigaOM Research podcast, analysts and Structure:Data speakers George Gilbert and Jo Maitland explained that much of this growth will come from the billions of connected devices around the world.
“The big data market is young, new opportunities are everywhere, and investment is growing,” says Derrick Harris, senior writer for GigaOM and chair of Structure:Data 2013. “At Structure:Data, we’ll look at the smartest ways to turn data into useful, actionable information that will help businesses grow.”
Newly announced speakers include:
- Paul Maritz, chief strategist, EMC
- David Gutelius, chief social scientist, Jive Software
- Ira “Gus” Hunt, CTO, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Heather Marquez, manager, Asset Strategy and Optimization, Facebook
- Matt Wood, principal data scientist, Amazon Web Services
- Samantha Ravich, co-chair of the National Commission for Review of R&D Programs, United States Intelligence Community
- Michael Abbott, partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Tamara Budec, vice president, critical systems and engineering, Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Denise Hatzidakis, CTO, Premier Healthcare Alliance
- Ann Neidenbach, senior vice president, NASDAQ OMX
- Silvius Rus, director, big data platforms, Quantcast
- Amaya Souarez, director, Datacenter Services, Microsoft
- Karim Lakhani, associate professor, Harvard Business School, and principal investigator, Harvard-NASA Tournament Laboratory
- Mohan Namboodiri, VP, Customer Analytics, Williams-Sonoma
- DJ Patil, data scientist in residence, Greylock Partners
All attendees will receive a complimentary GigaOM Research Sector RoadMap™ report on big data visualization. If companies are going to become data-centric organizations, the tools needed to analyze data must be highly interactive, easy to use and visually inspiring. This Sector RoadMap looks at the disruptive trends shaking-up the the business intelligence and data visualization field and the emerging and existing players set to dominate this space.
Some of the most influential companies in data have already lined up to sponsor Structure:Data, and sponsorships are expected to sell out early. Contact Mike Sly at eventsales(at)gigaom(dot)com or (415) 235-0358 to learn more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading independent voice on emerging technologies and the disruption of media. The GigaOM news network’s online audience of 5.5 million monthly unique readers relies on its definitive coverage of cloud, mobile, cleantech, consumer web and media. GigaOM Research offers the highest quality research and analysis of emerging technology markets and the companies making a difference in those sectors. GigaOM Events bring together the people innovating, shaping and defining the ongoing evolution of the technology industry.