Orlando (PRWEB) January 30, 2013
The first complete student curriculum for the iPad, a cloud-based learning environment, a new instructional system, Next Generation assessment tools -- these are among the innovative ed-tech solutions that the education technology and services company Pearson is showcasing this week at FETC 2013 in Orlando.
As more and more schools move to digital and blended learning models, educators across the country are seeking effective and efficient solutions that will put their students on track for college and careers. Examples of the programs and tools that they have the chance to experience hands-on at FETC include:
- iLit – A core reading program for struggling readers, and the first and only complete instructional solution built and delivered on iPad. iLit offers each student personalized learning support based on their own instructional needs, engaging interactivities, and built-in reward systems that motivate students and track their progress.
- aimsweb -- The next generation of the powerful system that integrates assessment, data management and reporting and provides educators decision-making tools. Data is delivered through a new, state-of-the-art interface, featuring dynamic and interactive screens, and hovers that allow teachers to quickly access more information about a student or task.
- Forward – The new K-5 instructional system of services, tools, and curriculum, developed through a public-private partnership between Maryland’s Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) and Pearson. Forward integrates instruction across reading, writing, math, science and social studies, focusing on the rigors of the Common Core State Standards, and is based on the concepts of MCPS’ Curriculum 2.0.
- OpenClass – A dynamic, scalable, cloud-based learning environment that stimulates social learning and enables the distribution of content at massive scale to students wherever they are. OpenClass is a new kind of learning management system (LMS) delivered from the Cloud. It is easy to use and completely free. There are no hardware, licensing or hosting costs, thus enabling widespread adoption of new learning approaches that encourage interaction within the classroom and around the world.
- Schoolnet Educator Development Suite – Data-driven tools to provide educators at all levels with the means to build and extend teacher capacity. It helps personalize learning for educators by marrying multiple measures of educator development with student performance, then linking this information to resources that foster professional growth.
- Cogmed 3.0 – A new version of the breakthrough intervention for improving attention, behavior and academic performance, customized specifically for use in schools. Built on an extensive foundation of research, Cogmed targets working memory capacity to fundamentally improve cognitive functions that contribute to learning and attention problems.
Pearson has as its mission to work side-by-side with states, districts, teachers, students and parents to ensure that every child is prepared for college and career (NYSE: PSO). http://www.pearsoned.com
For more information, press only:
Kate Miller, Kate.miller(at)pearson(dot)com