"Esteem virtue; accept everyone." from The Lunar Tao by Deng Ming-Dao
(PRWEB) January 31, 2013
Deng Ming-Dao is considered one of the foremost authorities of Taoist practices. Now in his newest book, THE LUNAR TAO: MEDITATIONS IN HARMONY WITH THE SEASONS(HarperOne; February 2013) Ming-Dao explores the tradition, experience, and universality of Taoism from a fresh perspective.
Utilizing the lunar calendar, a pillar of Chinese tradition and culture, Ming-Dao highlights festivals and ancient scriptures that correlate with the teaching of Taoism. Each day of the lunar year is represented with meditation, poetry, translated scripture, and illustrations to impart key concepts and promote constant learning. With these tools, The Lunar Tao encourages readers to practice Taoism at any point in their lives and internalize the core understanding of Taoism in digestible ways.
The Lunar Tao is different from other Taoist books in providing:
- A Taoist meditation for every day of the lunar year.
- Original translations of famous poems, Chinese classics, and Taoist texts and how they relate to a spiritual path.
- Examples of how the teachings of Buddhism, Confucianism and Taoism are interconnected.
- All observations of the lunar calendar, including the birthdays or memorial days of the major Taoist gods and Buddhist figures.
- Twenty-Four Solar Terms and qigong (breath training) exercises for each period featured in the book.
In a world that moves faster but provides less meaning, Taoism is a spiritual path that anyone can embark on if they wish to find a more balanced and content life. To understand Tao is to discover a personal philosophy, an exercise that Ming-Dao, a Taoist master, simplifies.
About the Author
Deng Ming-Dao is the author of eight books, including The Living I Ching, Chronicles of Tao, Everyday Tao, 365 Tao, and Scholar Warrior. His books have been translated into fifteen languages. He studied qigong, philosophy, meditation, and internal martial arts with Taoist master Kwan Saihung for thirteen years and with two other masters before that.