"A well organised event with some very interesting and good talks." - Abbott
London (PRWEB UK) 8 October 2013
SMi group is delighted to announce Dr. Timothy Hammond, M.B.B.S, Durham Veterans Medical Centre (Principle Investigator – NASA) confirmed his participation in the 6th annual Cell-Based Assays Conference, taking place in London, on the 18th-19th of November.
Cell-Based Assays now on its 6th year provides an unparalleled view into the current trends of this highly dynamic, complicated area. The meeting will feature over 18 innovative presentations delivered by some of the leading names in the Pharma industry, discussing 3D cell culture, future screening tools and primary phenotypic assays, drug design, targeting ION channels and novel technologies in the latest Cell Based Assays platforms.
Through unique ‘Big Pharma Spot Light Sessions’ Cell Based Assays 2013 will show the latest developments coming from pharma laboratories all over the world including:
- Assay development of multi-subunit ion channel channels for drug screening – Special 4 stage big pharma case study spot light
- How SAR-driving assays are improving the physiological relevance of primary cells
- MedImmune case study of biomarker assay platforms in anti-viral vaccines
- 2D vs 3D cell responses to panels of chemotherapeutic agents
2013 attendees include leading experts from GlaxoSmithKline, Actelion, Imagen Biotech, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Imperial College London and many others.
Event’s highlights include:
- Hear the latest on Phenotypic screening; how target based screening is allowing for identification of small molecules
- See how you can implement a primary cell assay plan through a case study of SAR-driving assay
- The latest in GPCR and other ion channel targeting pathways and how they are being used in the most recent drug discovery assays
- Adopt accelerated primary cell screening systems such as those utilised by GSK
Keynote speakers include:
- Mao Xiang Chen, Biological and Cellular targets, GlaxoSmithKline
- Martha Brown, Senior Associate Director, Boehringer-Ingelheim
- Xavier Leroy, Director, Actelion
- Steve Ludbrook, Section Head, GlaxoSmithKline
- Urs Luethi, Senior Lab Head Discovery, Actelion
- Tyrell Norris, Team Leader – Cellular Reagents & Assay Development, AstraZeneca
- Amir Gander, Senior Knowledge Transfer Associate, University College London
For the full conference programme and further information please visit:
Alternatively contact Fateja Begum on +44 (0)20 7827 6184 or email fbegum(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event, please contact Alia Malick, Director, on +44(0) 20 7827 6168.
Contact for media-partners: Julia Rotar, jrotar(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk, +44 (0) 20 7827 6088.
About SMi Group
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
For more information, please visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk.