Cary, NC (PRWEB) October 17, 2013
MTS Systems Corp., Sensors Division, will be presenting the company’s full line of Temposonics® sensors for industrial applications at the Automation Fair®, hosted by Rockwell Automation, in Houston, Texas, November 13 and 14. MTS Sensors produces magnetostrictive linear position sensors for use in many industrial and liquid level applications, including petrochemical transportation and storage, pulp and paper, steel manufacturing, plastic processing and many more.
“The Automation Fair provides MTS with a unique opportunity to showcase our new and existing products, as well as meet with other manufacturers across many different industries,” Matt Hankinson, product marketing manager with MTS Sensors, explained. “Temposonics sensors provide the technology needed to keep equipment operating at peak efficiency, providing a level of quality and reliability unattainable with other technologies.”
Specific Products on display include:
- R-Series Temposonics® Sensors, designed for applications where a high level of accuracy is required. These include the recently introduced Ethernet/IP™ output, which helps reduce cabling and lower overall systems costs.
- Level Plus® liquid level transmitters for use in liquid level measurement applications. Level Plus sensors incorporate a unique 3-IN-1 measurement system to monitor product level, interface level and temperature with a single sensor.
- E-Series Temposonics® Sensors, designed for low-cost applications where basic feedback is needed. MTS Sensors recently expanded the E-Series to include several new protocols, including rod (EH), standard profile (EP) and low profile (EL) versions of SSI and CAN outputs
Additionally, the company has introduced several new products in the past year, including:
- The Temposonics® G-Series Model GTE embedded magnetostrictive sensor. Embedded into a hydraulic cylinder or other equipment, the Model GTE can withstand temperatures up to 85 degrees C and features a dual channel output. The new sensor has also received IECEx Intrinsically Safe certification for use in explosive atmospheres.
- The Temposonics R-Series Model RD4 sensor, which incorporates a detached electronics design (the sensing element is connected to the electronics via a cable and pipe), allowing manufacturers and operators to place sensitive electronics in areas where interference or damage is less likely.
- The Temposonics® R-Series with Profinet IO Real Time (RT) interface. These highly accurate sensors are part of the company’s offering for use with Ethernet interfaces in heavy manufacturing and other industrial applications.
MTS Sensors is a long term participant at the Automation Fair. As an Encompass partner for many years, MTS provides linear position feedback devices that integrate with Rockwell products such as drives and controllers in numerous motion control and automation applications.
Attendees are invited to visit the MTS Sensor booth number 413 any day of the event to learn more.
For more information, please contact: MTS Systems Corp, Sensors Division, 3001 Sheldon Drive, Cary, NC 27513. Phone: (919) 677-0100. E-mail: sensorsinfo(at)mts(dot)com or visit their web site at http://www.mtssensors.com.
MTS Sensors, a division of MTS Systems Corp., is the global leader in the development and production of magnetostrictive linear-position and liquid-level sensors. The Sensors Division is continually developing new ways to apply magnetostrictive sensing technology to solve critical applications in a variety of markets around the world. With facilities in the U.S., Germany, Japan and China, MTS Sensors Division is an ISO 9001-2008 certified supplier committed to providing worldwide innovative sensing solutions.