Milwaukee, WI (PRWEB) October 17, 2013
Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is pleased to host more than 900 of the world’s top cancer researchers and scientists at its 28th Annual Scientific Meeting and Associated Programs, beginning on November 7, 2013 at the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center in National Harbor, MD – just outside of the DC area.
There is still time left to register for this highly anticipated event, which is expected to gather a record-breaking number of attendees from around the world. Top researchers and luminaries in the cancer immunotherapy field will present cutting-edge findings and define the field of cancer immunotherapy, which has drastically developed over the course of 2013.
Online registration will be open until 11:59 pm PST on Thursday, October 31, 2013 at: http://www.sitcancer.org/2013/registration.
Programming will include the following dynamic educational events. Highlights of each program are provided below and additional details are available at http://www.sitcancer.org/2013. SITC cordially invites you to attend any or all of these programs to learn the latest developments in cancer immunotherapy.
- Workshop on Personalized Cancer Immunotherapy – November 7
- Primer on Tumor Immunology and Cancer Immunotherapy – November 7
- 28th Annual Meeting – November 8-10
- Hot Topic Symposium on Predictive Biomarkers in Checkpoint Blockade: Is PD-L1 Tumor Expression Necessary?
In addition to the educational programs, SITC has also organized several networking activities along with more than 200 peer-reviewed abstracts on the most recent findings in cancer immunotherapy. Keynote addresses will also be made by those leading the field including Carl H. June, MD and Giorgio Trinchieri, MD. Early Career Scientist events and programming is also available.
- Workshop on Personalized Cancer Immunotherapy will educate clinicians and scientists from academic institutions, regulatory agencies and industry about personalized cancer immunotherapy and the recent technological advances in genomics, proteomics and immunophenotyping, and what this means for improving cancer patient outcomes.
- 28th Annual Meeting is organized and attended by global leaders in cancer immunotherapy and is the premier destination for scientific exchange, education and networking in the cancer immunotherapy community. The meeting will foster strategic partnerships and intimate channels of discussion on current clinical trials, methodologies, and new initiatives in tumor immunology and cancer immunotherapy between basic and clinical researchers, regulatory agencies and the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Primer on Tumor immunology and Cancer Immunotherapy is designed to provide a foundation for understanding core immunology principles as they relate to basic and clinical research in immunotherapy of cancer. The audience for this program includes students, postdoctoral fellows, and technicians from academia and industry, as well as physicians and scientists at more senior levels who wish to solidify their understanding of tumor immunology and immunotherapy.
- Hot Topic Symposium on "Predictive Biomarkers in Checkpoint Blockade: Is PD-L1 Tumor Expression Necessary?" will address the latest scientific and clinical data on the Predictive Biomarkers in Checkpoint Blockade and explore the necessity of PD-L1 tumor expression as it relates to clinical trial eligibility criteria.
Founded in 1984, the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer is a non-profit organization of clinicians, researchers, students, post-doctoral fellows, and allied health professionals dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the development and application of cancer immunotherapy through interaction, innovation and leadership. For more information about SITC, please visit the Society website at http://www.sitcancer.org.
Members of the media interested in registering for a press pass can do so free of charge by visiting http://www.sitcancer.org/2013/registration or by contacting Katie Koerner at (414) 271-2456, kkoerner(at)sitcancer(dot)org.