Moving companies, especially during busy seasons, can be backlogged with appointments, and it is best to give at least six weeks’ notice, or more if the move is a long distance one.
Mississauga, Ontario (PRWEB) October 20, 2013
Search Realty understands the stress that comes with buying a new home, or the stress involved with any real estate transaction for that matter. Once a purchase has been made, the move has to occur and that can lead to additional complications and much added stress as well.
Search Realty provides three secrets to reduce the stress of a move and make it a successful one.
1. If planning to use a moving company, be sure to contact the company well in advance. Moving companies, especially during busy seasons, can be backlogged with appointments, and it is best to give at least six weeks’ notice, or more if the move is a long distance one.
2. Get rid of stuff that isn’t needed or won’t be used in the new home. There is no sense in moving things that will never be used or are not needed. Look through the house and get rid of rarely used items. Have a yard sale to get rid of those things that have value, or even better, donate to a worthy cause to help those in need.
3. Make sure that detailed notes are made about the new home. Take room measurements, door measurements, identify and note location of electric, cable and phone outlets. This aids in determining exactly where specific furniture is going to be placed. Also measure appliances, so as to make sure that they fit within the space available in the new home.
4. Measuring windows is another important task, as the home buyer may want to purchase fitting blinds or curtains for areas of the home where immediate privacy will be needed. By immediate, meaning the time after the move has occurred. Rooms such as bedrooms and bathrooms are usually the only ones with immediate privacy needed.
5. Don’t wait until after the move to set up cable, internet, phone and utilities. The home buyer should already have made arrangements before the move. For phone companies, internet, etc., usually a few days notice is needed before a technician can come to the house to do the setup.
6. One box should contain absolute essentials. This box should contain a telephone, a few change of clothes, pots/pans/dishes/utensils, toiletries, medications, and laptop/computer. This box will enable the home buyer to get through the first few days after the move, without the need to open any other boxes. This box should not go with the movers, but instead, it should go in the car of the home buyer. If there are any problems with the move, possibly a box or more are misplaced or lost, or any other accident occurs, the home buyer can be assured that they can at least get through a few days, since their one box has the basic essentials.
With those six tips, moving to a new home can be made a smoother and less stressful process, thus ensuring that the first day in a new home is a remarkable one for the home buyer and his family.
About Search Realty
Search Realty.,Brokerage is a real estate company utilizing the best tools and technology to serve the needs of today’s Home Buyers, Sellers and REALTORS®. Search Realty Corp. has quickly grown to 100+ websites, over 15,000 Unique Visitors per month and 135,000 Page Views per month.