“Digital Media is giving us all a great opportunity to become digital activists. Download this app to get involved, make a difference and become a modern day activist.”Marc CareyEuropean Marketing DirectorHard Rock International
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 23 October 2013
Available now on the Apple App Store.
To download the app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/taken-campaign/id717179884.
The Taken Campaign app, launched by Jubilee Campaign, allows users to become a ‘Digital Activist’ and provides the resources, tools and information to take action against trafficking. The Taken Campaign launches in association with award winning photojournalist Hazel Thompson’s ground-breaking new ebook Taken.
“Digital Media is giving us all a great opportunity to become digital activists. Download this app to get involved, make a difference and become a modern day activist.”
European Marketing Director
Hard Rock International
This app features:
- 8 exclusive behind-the-scenes videos detailing Hazel Thompson’s undercover investigation
- A petition to support important legislative changes
- Facebook, Twitter and social media integration to help Spread the Word
- Detailed briefing paper will help explain the issues
- Methods to Support organizations which are directly engaged on the ground
- Donate to the rescue mission for girls and women in Mumbai’s red light district
- and more!
Award winning photojournalist Hazel Thompson spent over ten years investigating Mumbai’s sex trade and during this time she spent more than 6 months living in the Kamathipura district, gaining unprecedented access into one of the largest sex industries in Asia. The Taken Campaign is a direct result of Hazel’s investigation and this app provides a toolset for ‘Digital Activists’ to take action against trafficking and sex slavery.
The Taken Campaign app was launched at a meeting in Parliament to mark Anti-Slavery Day (October 18, 2013). The meeting was hosted by Lord Alton and Fiona Bruce MP who said, “This is the first time a human rights App has been launched in the House of Commons. I hope people will download it and get involved.”
- Media coverage for Taken in Observer/Guardian Online and British Vogue:
- Please visit http://www.takenebook.com for more info on the Taken Campaign and the Taken ebook.
- To view the Taken trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yJl19Jd-rQ
- To download the Press Kit: http://www.jubileecampaign.co.uk/TakenPress/TakenCampaign_Press_Kit.zip
The Taken Campaign App is available free worldwide from the Apple App Store, available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, requires iOS 4.3 or later.