Decision makers in pharmaceutical R&D or the investment side of drug development rely on BioPharm Insight’s independent investigative journalism.
Norwood, MA (PRWEB) November 06, 2013
BioPharm Insight’s Respiratory Disease Report covers key drugs in development in this competitive therapeutic sector. The report is based on primary research and interviews conducted with numerous physicians, investigators and key opinion leaders at the recent European Respiratory Society Annual Congress 2013 in Barcelona, Spain.
In discussing the Respiratory Disease Report, Kirsty Barnes, Biopharm Insight’s Editor EMEA, said, “The report is another example of why decision makers in pharmaceutical R&D or the investment side of drug development rely on BioPharm Insight’s independent investigative journalism, market analytics and key industry contacts to gain competitive insight.”
Some highlights and key takeaways from the report:
- Competitive landscape of LABA/LAMA combinations in development to treat COPD
- Novartis'combination drug Ultibro Breezhaler for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and US market outlook
- Forest and Almirall’s aclidinium bromide/formoterol combination
- Boehringer's Spiriva Respimat (tiotropium) mist inhaler in COPD
- In idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), Novartis’ QAX576, an anti-IL-13 in Phase II development, has been quietly terminated
- In asthma, GlaxoSmithKline and partner Theravance are still considering their strategy to progress Breo Ellipta (fluticasone furoate/vilanterol) for US approval.
- In pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), Actelion will need to get experts engaged in the discussion on Opsumit’s (macitentan) EU pricing. EU approval decision is expected YE.
- Bayer is in the planning stages of a Phase IIIb study (RESPITE) evaluating riociguat in PAH for those patients insufficiently treated with phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors.
- PTC Therapeutics' ataluren for cystic fibrosis caused by nonsense mutations (nmCF).
Subscribers to BioPharm Insight received the Respiratory Report on October 15.
Non-subscribers, download the report.
About BioPharm Insight
BioPharm Insight is part of Infinata, a Financial Times Group company, and a leading provider of business intelligence solutions which also include BioPharm Clinical™, High Net Worth Insight™ and wealthmonitor™. BioPharm Insight provides subscribers with an information edge by combining the most comprehensive real-time database of companies, drugs, contacts, M&A and licensing deals, forecasts and clinical trial data with proprietary forward-looking intelligence uncovered by an independent team of investigative journalists months or even years before it breaks in mainstream media. To learn more, visit http://www.biopharminsight.com.
About Infinata, Inc.
Infinata provides personalized technology solutions to turn information into insight. Services include a comprehensive BioPharm Solutions Suite, unique Wealth Prospecting tools and innovative Custom Data Services. Infinata is a part of Mergermarket, a Financial Times Group company and a division of Pearson plc. To learn more, visit http://www.infinata.com.
Business Inquiries: Holly Burke, hburke[at]infinata[dot]com, 781-619-0131
Media Inquiries: Brenda Nashawaty, Brenda[at]nashawaty[dot]com, 617-688-3253