Working closely with some of the world’s leading media companies, Kaltura identified the need for an out-of-the-box media application that makes paid OTT delivery simple and seamless.
New York, NY (PRWEB) November 07, 2013
Kaltura, the leading open source video platform (http://www.kaltura.com), today releases Kaltura MediaGo™ - the company’s OTT video portal. A key component of Kaltura’s comprehensive OTT offering, Kaltura MediaGo is an out-of-the-box, white-label “Netflix-like” video portal, which enables content owners, service providers and retailers to distribute, publish, and monetize content - via subscriptions as well as advertising - on any device. The product is already being deployed by several global media companies.
“Today’s viewers are light years ahead of where they were just a few years ago. They consume content from a variety of sources and on multiple devices, at home and on the go. Media companies are faced with the challenge and opportunity of adjusting to this new digital world,” said Ron Yekutiel, Kaltura Chairman and CEO. “Working closely with some of the world’s leading media companies, Kaltura identified the need for an out-of-the-box media application that makes paid OTT delivery simple and seamless.”
Kaltura MediaGo is geared towards content rights owners, service providers and retailers who want to leverage their brand, potential user base and/or existing data infrastructure. Key features of MediaGo include:
- Out-of-the-box Video Portal supporting paid subscriptions– with easily customizable components to fine-tune the service, the subscriptions, or the interface
- Multi-device support: PC, iOS/Android mobile devices, selected OTT/TV platforms
- Content discovery
- Browse, search, related content
- Content Galleries and playlists - genre based, rule based or editors picks’
- Series or stand-alone movies
- Multi-device player – adaptive HD playback, playback controls, DRM
- User account & subscription management
- Social engagement – comments, user ratings, connectivity to social networks
- Personalized experience – resumed playback, watching queue, content preferences and personalized recommendations
- Global solution - Internationalized UI supporting different languages
- Media preparation and operation – ingestion, transcoding, DRM, hosting and delivery
- Video CMS – metadata, playlists, account settings, analytics, player customization, application controls
- User management, subscription and eCommerce management, billing gateways and management, CRM portal
Kaltura provides the world’s first Open Source Online Video Platform, transforming the way people work, learn, and entertain using online video. The Kaltura platform engages hundreds of millions of viewers by providing media companies advanced video management, publishing, OTT and monetization tools that increase their reach and monetization and simplify their video operations. Kaltura improves productivity and interaction among millions of employees by providing enterprises powerful online video tools for boosting internal knowledge sharing, training, and collaboration, and for more effective marketing. Kaltura offers next generation learning for millions of students and teachers by providing educational institutions disruptive online video solutions for improved teaching, learning, and increased engagement across campuses and beyond. Kaltura was recently recognized in Forbes as ‘one of the six fastest growing tech companies’, in VentureBeat as a ‘Next Billion Dollar Enterprise Tech Company’, in Business-Insider as ‘one of top 5 startups revolutionizing education’ and ‘one of 5 greatest open-source technologies for 2012’, and in Mashable as ‘one of top 5 social enterprise technologies for business’. For more information: http://www.kaltura.com, to join Kaltura’s community visit: http://www.kaltura.org and http://www.html5video.org.