CMT Defers Myanmar Construction Summit to 11-12 March 2014, Anticipates New Policy Updates
CMT’s Myanmar Construction Summit, originally scheduled on 2-3 December, 2013, will now take place on 11-12 March, 2014 at the same venue – PARKROYAL Yangon. Supported by Myanmar’s Ministry of Construction, and to be graced by His Excellency U Kyaw Lwin, Union Minister of Construction, the premier event is to delve into the rapid developments in the construction business in Myanmar.
Yangon, Myanmar (PRWEB) November 19, 2013
Centre for Management Technology (CMT) announced that it has rescheduled its premier event Myanmar Construction Summit to 11-12 March 2014 in Yangon. Renowned for its successful Invest Myanmar Series, CMT brings yet another summit focused on Myanmar. This time it will examine critical concerns ranging from 'putting together a successful construction project’ to opportunities and ‘obstacles in construction project planning and rollouts’. Earlier slated to be held on 2-3 December 2013, the event is postponed to March 2014 in line with requests by authorities, confirmed CMT.
The 2014 event promises to bring together global and local heavyweights, specifically government agencies, land owners, developers and professionals, to analyse vital issues and share experiences in managing construction projects in Yangon.
His Excellency U Kyaw Lwin, Union Minister of Construction will preside at the opening of the summit and address the gathering with a Keynote Speech. The programme agenda remains unchanged but will now include latest updates for sessions below, focussed on Myanmar’s booming construction industry:
Urban Planning & Development Initiative for the Greater Yangon by Suzuki Masahiko, Urban Development Advisor, YCDC; Senior Advisor, Urban Planning, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
- Infrastructure Construction Roadmap/ Timeline Required & Opportunities to Build Myanmar’s Telecommunication Network (Base Tower Stations, etc) by U.Tin Win, CEO, Yatanarpon Teleport Co.
- Roadmap on Construction Projects of Roads, Bridges & Highways: Connecting Major Cities & Towns & Improving Accessibility in Myanmar – Senior Official, Public Works Department, Ministry of Construction
- Public & Private Low-Cost Housing Construction Projects Timeline in the next 12-24 months in Myanmar: New Build & Upgrading/Refurbishing Works – Senior Official, Dept. of Human Settlement & Housing Development (DHSHD), Ministry of Construction
- Construction Management's Perspective: ‘Practical Challenges & Opportunities in Yangon Real Estate & Commercial Developments by Nyan Min Htut (Zarni), Managing Director, Green Vision Construction Company
- The New Myanmar National Building Code and Guidelines for High Rise Building Construction Projects by U. Than Myint, Chairman, Committee for Quality Control of High-rise Building Projects (CQHP)
- Panel Discussion: ‘Experience in Managing Construction Project: Implementation & Operational Challenges’ by Nyan Min Htut (Zarni), Managing Director, Green Vision Construction Company; Siddhartha Roy, Project Manager from Parami Energy Group of Companies; Christopher Thurane Aung, New Business Development Director of Dagon Group of Companies and Jean-Jacques Largent, General Manager, BYMA
- Building Basics: Legal Considerations for Construction Businesses in Myanmar by Cheah Swee Gim, Director and Foreign Consulting Attorney, Kelvin Chia Yangon
- Key Considerations for Effective Cost Management (Applicable for Myanmar) and to Avoid Overruns in Construction Projects by Yen Kooi Ang, Director, Langdon & Seah (Thailand)
- Project & Materials Management for the Rollout of the Low Cost Housing Construction Project by Christopher Thurane Aung, New Business Development Director, Dagon Group of Companies
View the complete programme agenda here.
The event is a key platform for making inroads into the construction market in Myanmar as it will be attended by Officials from Ministry of Construction, YCDC, MCDC, key personnel from Construction Companies, Facility Management Companies as well as Building & Civil Engineers, M&E Consultants/Engineers, Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Building Construction Equipment/Materials Suppliers, Interior Designers/Contractors, Landscape Designers/Contractors, Financial Services and Property & Real Estate Developers.
Check the official website for more details or contact Ms. Hafizah at +65 6346 9218.