Smart Power Strip allows Smartphone users to control home or office electronic appliances from anywhere.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) November 20, 2013
Smart Power Strip comes with multiple wireless-controllable sockets, Smartphone app, and cloud service, which enable users to control and monitor any electronic appliances in their home or office from anywhere. It is designed to do things that other so-called ‘Smart’ devices cannot do, and it is now available on Kickstarter.com, say Roger Yiu, Inventor of Smart Power Strip.
1. Get notified, control and monitor remotely: Smart Power Strip can detect real-time power status and energy usage of individual socket, notify users when they forget to turn something off and allow them to remotely turn on or off electronic appliances from anywhere.
2. Improve energy efficiency: Power meter on each socket reports appliance’s power consumption, allowing users to learn how much energy their appliances are using. Schedule timer function helps users to turn off appliances when they are not in used, like modem or set-top boxes, to save energy and money.
3. Build Smart Home with Dual 2.4Ghz connectivity: With built-in WiFi, Smartphone users can easily connect and control multiple plugged-in devices. With built-in 2.4Ghz Home Automation (MESH) technology, other ‘Smart’ devices can interact with each other to automate and provide security for home or office. A Smart Power Strip user can add a motion detector to trigger the lights on or to receive push message when intruder breaks in. A plugged heater can be turned on in response to a temperature sensor. A door contact can detect a user has left home and switch off all plugged-in devices at once, or notify the user if any door or windows are being opened at anytime.
4. Protect home appliances: Smart Power Strip comes with surge protection to set maximum allowed power draw on each socket. Any overpower or overvoltage will be cut off to avoid potential fire hazard. Circuit breaker protection is also equipped In case of overloading or short circuit.
5. Functional, stylish design: Smart Power Strip comes with four ‘Smart’ sockets for control and two always-on USB power output for charging USB devices in a sleek outlook design.
Pricing and Availability
Smart Power Strip has been priced to bring affordable, do-it-yourself home automation solution to everyone. It is priced at $99 with four controllable sockets for early backers, and is available now through Smart Power Strip’s Kickstarter campaign linked here: http://kck.st/1i2Eq72
Follow Smart Power Strip
About Smart Power Strip
Smart Power Strip is a new kind of Home Automation device, that brings a whole new way for Smartphone users to control, automate, and monitor electronic appliances from anywhere. It provides a simple, affordable solution with dual 2.4Ghz, WiFi and Home Automation (MESH) networks, allowing users to easily build their Smart Homes. Smart Power Strip is a finalist of 2013 Engadget’s Insert Coin New Challengers competition.
#SmartPowerStrip is available at #Kickstarter
+1 (626) 869 8326
Hi-resolution photos available here: http://bit.ly/1cxoPbH