Bogata, Colombia (PRWEB) November 19, 2013
Keeping in touch with friends, family, and old middle school acquaintances just got even easier. Gloup, a new storytelling video app, lets users chronicle their day in one-second snippets and build those snippets into stories (up to seven seconds long) that they can share with friends -- even non-Gloup users! The free iOS app launches today, Tuesday, November 19th.
“We’re obsessed with film and technology – developing Gloup was our way of honoring both passions,” said co-founders Andres Duran and Daniel Correa. “Our app allows users to creatively tell the story of their lives through quick snippets similar to the snapshots millions of us take daily with our phones. Users can stay in-touch with friends and family while discovering new contacts and discussions.”
So, what makes Gloup different from the other 97,355 video apps on the market? The co-founders are college-aged enterpeurs who have created a unique app for their generation without resoucres or backing from big business or VC-groups. Additonally, the app features several industry-firsts! Watch the two-minute tutorial, or check out the list of detailed reasons below.
Reason #1: Gloup is a no-brainer to use
If users know how to take a photo, they know how to use Gloup.
- One-second, one-step video recording: Gloup’s ‘release to record’ shooting method means it takes just one click to capture a one-second snippet. Users simply tap, hold, and release the record button to activate the camera.
- No editing skills required: There’s no editing process involved in the creation of a Gloup. Users can capture snippets of their life anytime, anywhere, and the app will seamlessly combine them into short videos.
- Offline functionality: Gloup’s “Offline Mode feature” means Gloupers are able record apps even without an Internet connection. Gloups will be saved and automatically uploaded to the server once the user is back on a stable internet connection.
- Gloup videos are mute, allowing users to focus 100% on the visuals and consume Gloups anywhere.
Reason #2: There are million ways to share and interact with friends.
Gloup’s impressive array of collaboration capabilities let users pick their favorite way to share their video. In addition to emailing or texting Gloups, users can take advantage of sharing features including:
- Social media linking: Gloup seamlessly integrates with Facebook and Twitter. When a Gloup is linked, users have the option to automatically update their social media feeds with their latest Gloups, allowing all Facebook and Twitter friends to follow a developing storyline even if they don’t have the app.
- Embedding: The “Embed” feature allows users to send an email with an embed code for a specific Gloup. This allows Gloupers to embed Gloups on their websites and blogs.
- Invite friends to record Gloups: The “invite to record” feature gives Gloupers the ability to invite Facebook friends to add snippets to a Gloup even if they are not Gloup users. Only people invited to record to a specific Gloup are allowed to add snippets to it.
- Allow anyone to record Gloups: The “allow anyone to record” feature gives Gloupers the ability to allow anyone to add snippets to a specific Gloup. (Great for brands.) This feature can be activated and deactivated at any time.
Reason # 3: Users can get creative.
Gloup lets users customize each snippet so it says what they want it to say.
- Text: Each snippet of a Gloup can be overlaid with text, allowing Gloupers to describe the visuals, add hashtags (#), tag people (@), create a “meme,” and interact with emoticons. We´ve added several beautiful fonts and colors to make texts more personal and fun.
- Video looping: The “looping feature allows Gloupers to loop a specific snippet of a Gloup. By simply pressing and holding over the profile picture circles, users loop a specific snippet so they can focus and view every detail of it.
- Photo Export: Gloup’s“Photo Export” feature allows Gloupers to tun any snippet of a Gloup into a picture and even post it to Instagram.
To promote the app, Gloup is holding a contest on its Facebook page (42k+ followers). The best Gloup will receive a Nikon D3100. The Gloup iphone App is available for free on the App Store. For more information on Gloup, visit http://www.Gloup.co or https://www.facebook.com/gloupapp on Facebook (43,000+ fans so far!).
About Gloup –
Gloup is a mobile video app focused on storytelling, through real-time shareable Snippets of everyday life. Each video, composed of up to seven short (1 second) mute Snippets, are called Gloups. Gloups can be developed by a single user, or made up through collaboration with friends, family or the global Gloup community. Created by two 21-year old entrepreneurs from Bogata, Colombia, Daniel Correa and Andres Duran, the high-quality mobile video product is robust enough to compete against market leaders and aims to bring family and friends closer, while giving users a creative video resource for visual storytelling.