Reston, Virginia (PRWEB) November 19, 2013
Practice Greenhealth Welcomes New Members
Health Care Organizations Commit to Sustainable, Environmentally Friendly Practices
Practice Greenhealth is pleased to welcome its newest members, who join a community of more than 1,300 leading health care organizations and suppliers to the sector who act as change agents and healing forces in their communities on behalf of patients, staff, and the environment at large.
Practice Greenhealth is a nonprofit membership organization, offering its members a full range of tools, resources, forums, technical assistance, and networking opportunities to engage the health care sector in creating safe and healthy environments. Founded and driven by the principles of positive environmental stewardship and best practices by organizations in the health care community, Practice Greenhealth includes hospitals, health care facilities, community health centers, and businesses such as architecture and engineering firms, product and service providers, as well as like-minded non-governmental organizations.
New health care members include:
- Lakeland Regional Health System, St. Joseph, Michigan
- Legacy Health, Portland, Oregon
- Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Banner Gateway Medical Center, Gilbert, Arizona
- Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital, Yakima, Washington
New community health center members include:
- Choices in Dentistry, Chicago, Illinois
- LifeLabs, Burnaby, BC
New business members include:
- Skyline Medical Inc., Eagan, Minnesota
- AtSite, Washington, District of Columbia
- American Energy Assets, Denver, Colorado
- Enliven, Nashville, Tennessee
- Tarkett, Chagrin Falls, Ohio
- DuPont Medical and Pharmaceutical Protection, Wilmington, Delaware
- Omnicell, Mountain View, California
- PCR America, Auburn, Washington
- Bio-Pure Group, Lone Tree, Colorado
New strategic associate members include:
- Sustainable Endowments Institute, Boston, Massachusetts
- Community College of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
- Alzheimer's Institute Foundation, New York, New York
- ecoAmerica, Washington, District of Columbia
- Medical Academic and Scientific Community Organization, Inc., Boston, Massachusetts
Renewing group purchasing organizations include:
- Premier healthcare alliance
“I am pleased to welcome these newest members to the Practice Greenhealth sharing community,” said Laura Wenger, RN, Practice Greenhealth Executive Director. “We look forward to working with them to advance healing patients and the communities we serve.”
With the many resources available through Practice Greenhealth membership, these organizations will reach new heights of business success and ensure sustainable health care that’s good for the environment, good for patients and staff, and good for the bottom line.
For more information about Practice Greenhealth or its members, please contact Sherry MacDonald, Director of Marketing and Communications, at smacdonald(at)practicegreenhealth(dot)org or (703) 870-7494.
# # #
About Practice Greenhealth:
Practice Greenhealth is the nation’s leading membership and networking organization for institutions in health care that have made a commitment to sustainable, environmentally friendly practices. To learn more about Practice Greenhealth: http://www.practicegreenhealth.org.
Contact: Sherry MacDonald