The first market reactions have simply been tremendous. With unsurpassed efficiency and speed, the new H2F Vortisand filter brings sand filtration to a new level and opens up new perspectives on filtration efficiency.
Montreal, Quebec (PRWEB) December 10, 2013
H2F Vortisand filter is perfectly suited for process waters used in the pre-treatment of RO membranes, water recovery, rain harvesting, irrigation, data centers, district cooling and large industrial cooling towers.
Just like our original Vortisand® product line, the H2F Vortisand filter offers these key competitive advantages:
- Speed of 50m/h (5 x faster than regular MM filters designed for high water quality)
- Efficiently removes particles of less than 1µ (10 to 50 times smaller than traditional filters)
- Water savings of up to 50% during backwash vs. MM filters
When used in cooling systems:
- Energy savings of 10%-20% on chillers operating cost
- Chemical additives savings of up to 20% while improving their efficiency
- Total operating cost up to 3 times lower than with solid separators or MM filters
- Flow rate sample for side stream application is 2 to 5 x smaller than other filtration methods
- MCM® media included
- LEED point(s) accumulation towards this certification on most applications
H2F Vortisand filter is the result of an intensive R&D program combining many different fields of expertise such as hydraulics and solid computer modeling with geological engineering water treatment specialists. With the support of the CRNC (Canadian National Research Council), this intensive R&D program has achieved a breakthrough in water filtration and as a result, patents have been filed.
“We firmly believe in the improved competitive advantages of this exciting new product line. The first market reactions have simply been tremendous. With unsurpassed efficiency and speed, the new H2F Vortisand filter brings sand filtration to a new level and opens up new perspectives on filtration efficiency”, said Marco Bosisio, Sonitec-Vortisand General Manager.
Sonitec-Vortisand inc. designs & manufactures unique microfiltration systems for industrial water polishing. As a worldwide leader in the field of high efficiency microsand filtration, Sonitec-Vortisand exports 85% of its production outside of Canada. The Vortisand filter system is an automatic backwashable microsand filter combining crossflow dynamics and microsand filtration. Vortisand achieves very fine filtration (at a submicron level) at a high rate (50m/h) while using 50% less water for backwash compared to traditional sand filters. The Vortisand is widely used for cooling towers, district cooling chilled water, pre RO/DI, water reuse and other specialized polishing water applications.Contact us for more information.