The HIMSS Stage 6 designation reflects CarePoint Health Bayonne Medical Center’s commitment to the highest levels of patient safety and quality care in our electronic medical record adoption.
Bayonne, NJ (PRWEB) December 09, 2013
HIMSS Analytics announced CarePoint Health - Bayonne Medical Center has achieved Stage 6 on the EMR Adoption ModelSM (EMRAM). HIMSS Analytics developed the EMR Adoption Model in 2005 as a methodology for evaluating the progress and impact of electronic medical record systems for hospitals in the HIMSS Analytics™ Database. Tracking their progress in completing eight stages (0-7), hospitals can review the implementation and utilization of information technology applications with the intent of reaching Stage 7, which represents an advanced electronic patient record environment.
Stage 6 hospitals:
- Have made significant executive commitments and investments to reach this stage.
- Appear to have a significant advantage over competitors for patient safety, clinician support, clinician recruitment, and competitive marketing for both consumers and nurse recruitment.
- Have almost fully automated/paperless medical records when they have implemented their IT applications across most of the inpatient care settings.
- Are either starting to evaluate their data for care delivery process improvements or have already documented significant improvements in this area.
- Have made investments that are within reach of most hospitals and recognize the strategic value of improving patient care with the EMR.
- Have begun to create strategic alignments with their medical staff to effectively utilize information technology to improve the patient safety environment
- Are well positioned to provide data to key stakeholders, such as payers, the government, physicians, consumers, and employers, to support electronic health record environments and health information exchanges.
Stage 6 hospitals also have achieved a significant advancement in their IT capabilities that positions them to successfully address many of the current industry transformations, such as meaningful use criteria in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, claims attachments for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, pay for performance, and government quality reporting programs.
“The HIMSS Stage 6 designation reflects CarePoint Health Bayonne Medical Center’s commitment to the highest levels of patient safety and quality care in our electronic medical record adoption,” said Steven Goriah, CIO of Bayonne Medical Center. “Receiving this level of national recognition by HIMSS is a testament to our physicians and staff who use our electronic medical record and their dedication to providing the best care for our patients,” said Goriah. “Being in the top 12 percent of all hospitals across the country is truly something our entire community can take pride in.”
“HIMSS Analytics congratulates CarePoint Health for leading the way toward health IT adoption,” said John Hoyt, FACHE, FHIMSS, Executive Vice President, HIMSS Analytics. “Stage 6 represents a level of sophistication that only 673 US hospitals have reached to date.”
ABOUT CAREPOINT HEALTH:
CarePoint Health is bringing quality, patient-focused healthcare to Hudson County. Combining the resources of three area hospitals — Bayonne Medical Center, Christ Hospital in Jersey City, and Hoboken University Medical Center — CarePoint Health is a new approach to delivering healthcare that puts the patient front and center. With a focus on preventive medicine, disease management and healthcare education, CarePoint Health provides patients with 360 degrees of coordinated care, delivered by the area’s best and most dedicated doctors, nurses, hospitals and medical staff.
For more information, contact:
Contact: Allyson Miller - VP Marketing, CarePoint Health - 201- 858-5297