Wayontec Inc. Looks to Raise $50,000 via Indiegogo to Create Sponsorware Crowdsourcing Platform
The objective of this project is to help Wayontec Inc. create a crowdsourcing platform for publishing, sponsoring, managing, developing, maintaining, and supporting open source.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada (PRWEB) December 16, 2013
Sponsorware stands for sponsoring and supporting the creation of free, open source content and products. Wayontec Inc. is developing this multifaceted technological platform and advanced framework that allows the community to drive and manage the open source creation.
Sponsorware aims to preserve the freedoms and spirit that open source is being born with. Its main goals are to improve in areas where open source lacks practicality and hinders its own adoption.
- To stimulate the open source culture to cater, involve, and be driven more by the user
- To enable a “sponsored” model to become a practical alternative means for open source development, where community would directly reward the developers and support the products
- To encourage development of business-related open source, on an open market that bridges demand with offer
- To create a continuous demand for high skill workers and maintain an open source job market
- To educate through open source, as a practical and social way of hands-on schooling
- To help stabilize the value of virtual currencies through legitimate use
Sponsorware will be designed to facilitate the following:
- Publish projects
- Advertise jobs
- Sponsor projects
- Manage projects
- Escrow and Pay
- Maintain, support, and build
This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal. Funding duration: December 09, 2013 - February 07, 2014 (11:59pm PT).
Indiegogo Page: http://bit.ly/1h4ZDMj