LINCOLN, RI (PRWEB) December 23, 2013
The holidays are filled with festive parties, and alcohol will be served at many of those gatherings. So Amica Insurance is offering tips on how to be a responsible host and help prevent drunk driving.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reports that someone is killed by a drunk driver every 40 minutes. Additionally, approximately half a million crashes occur each year in which police say alcohol was present.
That’s why Amica is sharing the following tips from MADD:
- Have nonalcoholic options or “mocktails” available for guests who don’t want to consume alcohol.
- If planning to serve alcoholic punch, use fruit juice or other noncarbonated bases. Alcohol is absorbed into the blood faster if it’s combined with a carbonated base.
- Serve food so guests can avoid drinking on an empty stomach.
- Playing games is a great way to keep guests entertained so that they limit their alcohol consumption.
- Everyone in attendance should designate a driver who has not been drinking.
- Have the phone number of a taxi company available for anyone who needs a ride, or offer guests who have been drinking to stay overnight.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of automobile, homeowners, marine and personal umbrella liability insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,200 people in 40 offices across the country.
CONTACT: Vince Burks, Corporate Communications, 50 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865-1155, 800-652-6422, ext. 24563
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.